Eldorado, the shorthorn bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

steermaker

Does anyone have any experience using this bull?  His full name is SULL GNC Eldorado.  What kind of cows would you use him on, etc?  Also, is his semen available and where/how?

TMJ Show Cattle

Seen some calves out of him at Cates" sale. Most were pretty darn good,some seemed to be kind of round through the rump area. They all had pretty good hair and seemed to be sound. I don't think semen is available on the open market.

DFSC

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Seen some calves out of him at Cates" sale. Most were pretty darn good,some seemed to be kind of round through the rump area. They all had pretty good hair and seemed to be sound. I don't think semen is available on the open market.

Bump. What does everyone think of his calves??

Jacob B

Liked the calves quite a bit.  Not overly big framed.  Seemed to be fairly moderate to me.  That cow doesn't make many bad bulls.

J

JTM

He is a syndicated bull. The only way you could probably get calves would be to convince one of the owners to use his semen to flush one of your cows. We just had a heifer calf sired by Eldorado born from a heifer calf we got from Cates. She calved unassisted and weighed about 80lbs. From what I have seen his calves are a lot better on the birthweights than a lot of the other "big time" show bulls. I would put Eldorado up there with the top three major show bulls at this point in time, beside Bloodstone and Solution. His calves have been very consistently fancy. He will put square hips and even level up some that fall off hooks too pins. People really like the colors that he is throwing also. I like our heifer calf, she out of a Salute x CF DZ Fool 387.