ELECTION 08

Help Support Steer Planet:

austin

Iowa coming up....what do you think? Obama or Clinton? Huckabee or Romney? Someone else? Can Guiliani take Florida?

dutch pride

Very interesting race this year, no clear front runners, lots of choices esspecialy in Republican side of things. I think Obama and Huckabee will prevale in Iowa. New Hampshire might be a different story.

DLZ

red

I'd love from someone from Iowa to explain the process for me. I'm still not sure on how it is.  ???
I'm amazed at the polling numbers. They change daily. Of course it also matters which poll you look at.

Red

Show Heifer

You go to a building and it is a free for all. And if your choice doesn't get 15% of the vote that night, you can change your mind and vote for someone else before the "offical ending count". That is it in a nut shell.
My prediction: Huckabee, and a three way tie between Obama, Rodham-Clinton, Edwards. With an edge to Edwards.

red

is there a lot of pressure on who to vote for?
Could get testy I'm sure! I bet no one changes your mind!!!!!! ;)
Red

red

any surprises?
Sounds like they came out in record numbers. Is this a trend?

Red

showsteerdlux

I'm just glad that Hillary got buried. Not to excited bout Obama on top but at least it ain't Hillary or or for that matter Edwards.

CAB

Red, there's not a lot of pressure. In the rural areas anyway, you know almost everyone. Like SH said you go in with your choice, kinda get in with that group, try to sell others on he/she, see how it shakes out, tally up the #s and that's about it. The caucus system seems to be growing in popularity here over the last couple of decades which is great. Numbers in 04 were estimated @ roughly 125K. Last nite the rough estimate was 236K. That says to me that blue collar America is screaming that we are needing change. I personally like both Obama and Edwards.

showsteerdlux

The main reason i do not like edwards is because I live in his home state. He has done nothing but give a black eye to the people that are native to NC. He says he is an average person from Nc thens builds a home that is ten times the size of the average persons in Nc. Instead of spending thirty million on his hobbies and a nice place it would have been nicer for him to help people in his home state that need the basics in life. Oh and he is also very stuck up when you meet him and is only interested in helpingt himself and the liberal agenda. Ok know that I have that off my chest if I had to vote for the Democratic nominee I would choose Obama but I would rather see the Baptist minister in Huckabee have a chance.

knabe

obama, hillary and edwards are all robin hoods.  none has any idea how to make a profit.  only edwards knows how to sham the legal system and jack up the price of pharma.  it's pretty amazing that america hates business so much.  to them, profit is a means to redistribute wealth through more taxation.  profit is immoral.  remember the luxury tax on yachts.  it was lifted because people quit building them.  remember those jobs that went away.  really look at who is paying what as oppossed to who has how much.  about 40% of americans pay NO federal income tax.  poverty has stuck at 15% since lyndon johnson.  if only we had more money so everyone could make the same wage as edwards.  when did working at a fast food restaurant become a living wage?  these are jobs for kids, people on social security trying to make an extra buck and stay involved etc.  not for people to raise the minimum wage for so they can purchase a house with ZERO down and interest only payments.  liking someone is very different than how they affect your pocket book.  i would rather donate my money to charity rather than have it doled out through taxes as a beaurocracy is always needed with lifetime benefits (they are government employees afterall).  oh america, please read about adam smith before you vote.

kanshow

Huckabee beat Romney on that side... 

I just hope this doesn't end up being another one of those elections where I feel like I'm voting against someone rather than for someone. 

itk

I'm just waiting for Ralph Nader to jump in the race. I have voted for him the last 2 times maybe the third times the charm. I know he is not a big ag. guy but for the most part is pretty common sense and doesn't seem like a professional politician. I also wonder if a third party might try to get Gore to run for them. They could get the Angus vote that way.

knabe

it's amazing that there are people in iowa who would allow this treatment of the flag.

isn't it obvious america is soooo over?

this probably isn't a reflection of hillary, but seriously, this is kind of outrageous.

raising that flag, standing in front of it, using it as a prop, representing not one conservative ideal, and can't even be around for it's proper folding.

i think i'm seeking to be offended.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 850

CPL

itk said:
I'm just waiting for Ralph Nader to jump in the race. I have voted for him the last 2 times maybe the third times the charm. I know he is not a big ag. guy but for the most part is pretty common sense and doesn't seem like a professional politician. I also wonder if a third party might try to get Gore to run for them. They could get the Angus vote that way.

Nader has supported John Edwards.

knabe

just that it's on the ground.

allow, did on purpose, i don't know how to describe it, it just is and i'm kinda disappointed it gets used as a prop, treated like a prop, discarded like a prop.  i'm thinking to a military person, especially a naval person, this might be a little disappointing.

navy people tend to think flags belong on ships, and few other places, and nut much else, certainly not on the ground.

CPL

knabe said:

allow, did on purpose, i don't know how to describe it, it just is and i'm kinda disappointed it gets used as a prop, treated like a prop, discarded like a prop.  i'm thinking to a military person, especially a naval person, this might be a little disappointing.

navy people tend to think flags belong on ships, and few other places, and nut much else, certainly not on the ground.

I know what you mean. However, I think the flag should be on display. It represents our 50 states and our past 13 colonies. It is what we are and we should not be afraid to show it. BUT! There are strict guidelines on how the flag should be treated and respected.... based on your picture (and other modern carelessnesses), those guidelines aren't so STRICT anymore.  :(

JbarL

knabe said:

allow, did on purpose, i don't know how to describe it, it just is and I'm kinda disappointed it gets used as a prop, treated like a prop, discarded like a prop.  I'm thinking to a military person, especially a naval person, this might be a little disappointing.

[/quote)
ditto knabe...utterly disgusting.......  i guess thats  just one  of those jobs that amercians cant/wont do any more,  ....wheres a few illegal immigrants when you need em' .....0>:...grab a corner Pedro