Embryo Partnership

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hollywood27

What are usually the terms when you flush someone elses cow and implant the eggs into your own cows?  The donor owner has no cost and the partner incurs flushing cost as well as recip cost.
Thanks

FutureBreeder2013

Whoever owns the donors pays for the flushing and implanting of the embryos after that the owner of the recips just takes care of his cows like he normaly would.

When calving comes around you can either have a deal where the owner of the embryos comes through and buys every calf for a set price or he comes through and hand selects the calves he wants which costs more per head than buying all of the calves.

Thats just a bit of what I know about embryo deals I hope this helped.

jbw

I do a 50/50 split. I payall the setup, implanting, calving and management. Supplier supplies the eggs.  The number one thing is DO NOT enter into a partnership unless you can completly trust your partner. If you can agree on ALL the marketing of the calves, as they come and in stride, it can be a wonderful thing. I have been into both extremes, and have raised some for a set price.  I have a couple of great partners now, when everyone is making money is the best way to get along, and learn from your mistakes. Communication is the key.