embryo storage

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Either that or at the place you have your ET work done. We keep ours at the ET clinic. Just makes it easier when we flush cows & less moving around of the embryos.

Red

dori36

shorthornboy said:
I was wondering. do you store embryos in a semen tank or something else? :)))

I keep 'em at a storage facility as I don't have a shipper tank for when someone wants some shipped.  They do the shipping as well as
storing them.  Same with my semen - well, that is, my bull's semen! (lol)

DL

that was funny dori!

I guess the question really is where will you or how will you use them - if you intend to put them in your cows at your place keeping them in your semen tank is a good idea. If you intend to ship them or take the cows to the ET facility then keeping them in their semen tank is a good idea....

Joe Boy

My bull stores his own semen.... sorry could not resist...... and my cows keep their own eggs just like my hens.......

No seriously we have a vet who does that at his place of business and he keeps them in my tank and will bring it back in December to implant the recipients....

pigguy

a good one will be like 600 sometimes they are on ebay a small semen tank still holds about 600 straws

dori36

shorthornboy said:
how much does a small semen tank cost?

I have one to sell:  it's an MVE  XC 20/20.  I bought it new at Hawkeye West (Billings, I think they "turned into" Genex) when I lived out there.  I don't need it any more. It hasn't been filled for several years.  It holds about 650 straws - that's considered small.  I think I paid about $650 for it.  It's supposed to be a good one and is like new.  I don't really know what it's worth.  Anyone got any ideas?