embryos

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dvrom

i am looking at buying some club calf embryos to start a good foundation for a show cattle herd. Wondering what the best donors to get some embryos from would be and what the best embryo sales are? thanks

cowman 52

I'm really thinking if the club calf embryos you are going to find are of he maternal quality and maternal background to do what you are after?  A lot of these are going to be the 1/2 sib to the last champion steer at this show that was raised by a surrogate mother or of some such. I would think you would be better served by finding some embryos in the bottom of some guys semen tank ( mike mimms for instance) that have some history.  You really dont have the time or money to raise an embryo seeing a producing cow 4 years down the road.
Just a thought for what it's worth.

ChristaCheatham

I'm wanting to do the same but I'm looking for maternal females with little clubby in them. For example I'm looking into buying embryos from an angus donor and a half blood Simmental. The other is a Simmental female with a Simmental bull that is not related to almost every other bull on the market. Hopefully some of the calves will be heifers. Then I'm planning to breed those clubby.