English

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Just got this email, thought it was interesting.
TAKE A FEW MOMENTS AND READ THIS LETTER.  THESE ARE STRONG, POWERFUL AND COURAGEOUS WORDS COMING FROM A RETIRED COLONEL.
AND READ WHAT LINCOLN HAD TO SAY AT THE END.
WOW!
33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language on June 6, 2007.
On Wed. 6 June 2007 23:35:23 - 0500  Colonel Harry Riley, USA, Ret. wrote:
Senators:
Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348 ....to make English America's official language is astounding.
On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America, I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens. 
I don't much care where you come from.  What your religion is.  Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ....and Vote against English as the official language of the United States .
Your vote reflects Betrayal.  Political Surrender.  Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance.  Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism.  Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator ...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted or worse.
Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential  Candidates:  Senator Biden , Senator Clinton , Senator Dodd and Senator Obama .
Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of 'English'  as America 's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.
This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as 'political hacks'  ...... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States.
If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally 'rock you out of your panties'......... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.
The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America .....it is about self-serving politics ......despicable at best.  It has been said:
'Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!'
The following Senators voted against making English the official language of America :
Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) (Wants to be President)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY) (Wants to be President)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd ( D- MN ) wants to be president
Domenici (R-NM) coward. Protecting his senate seat
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI) - not unusual for him
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy - (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA) (tried to be president)
Kohl (D-WI))
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (I-CT) Disappointment here.....
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL) (Wants to be President)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV) Senate Majority Leader
As Lazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)
PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN
'Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!!
PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING AROUND THE UNITED STATES TILL THE ELECTION!

knabe

whereever there is a mexican, there is mexico

juan hernandez, dual citizenship holder with mexico and the us and works for john mccain said this.

my question.  Where is America if an American is there?

stand up now and fight for your country, or it's over in about 20 years.

call mccain today and tell him your thoughts. it's either him or hillary or obama, who both hate america and israel.  look who is on obama's staff and their perspective on the right to exist for israel.  pretty shocking.

(703) 418-2008  mccain's reconquista phone number

showsteerdlux

Well what can you say. All I can say is watchout with the canidates for president because we could get messed up even worse pretty easy. I would be willing to bet that our founding fathers would roll over in their graves when they heard this.

Hawkeye

You racist pigs make me sick.  My grandparents came to this country not speaking one word of English.  Their town had a German newspaper until the mid 1950's.  They attended a Lutheran Church that performed services in German.  Business was done in German in their town.  They never learned to speak but a few words of English.  My parents spoke German as kids in their home and they learned English at the country school.  They interpreted for my grandparents.  This country is about freedom.  Figure it out.  I know I am an old man and the rest of you are probably kids but you need to learn a lesson or two about tolerating your fellow human beings.  Any person who immigrates to this country legally has every right to speak their native language.  The next generation will learn English fluently because they grow up here.  Not one of you would be able to learn a new language if you had to live in another country.  Grow up.

Hawkeye

By the way, Colonel Harry Riley, USA, Ret. must be one of the most hateful persons on this earth.  I can't imagine living like he must.

Doc

Hawkeye said:
You racist pigs make me sick.  My grandparents came to this country not speaking one word of English.  Their town had a German newspaper until the mid 1950's.  They attended a Lutheran Church that performed services in German.  Business was done in German in their town.  They never learned to speak but a few words of English.  My parents spoke German as kids in their home and they learned English at the country school.  They interpreted for my grandparents.  This country is about freedom.  Figure it out.  I know I am an old man and the rest of you are probably kids but you need to learn a lesson or two about tolerating your fellow human beings.  Any person who immigrates to this country legally has every right to speak their native language.  The next generation will learn English fluently because they grow up here.  Not one of you would be able to learn a new language if you had to live in another country.  Grow up.

I am personally offended by you calling us that, but if wanting English to be the official language makes me a racist pig, then I geuss I'm HOGZILLA!!!!! I see that you are a newbie on here, but you should have taken time to read some other posts on here & you would see that our general discussions are that the immigrants need to be LEGAL not ILLEGAL.  I personally don't have a problem with a legal immigrant speaking their native language( I think you should be proud of your heritage & try to pass it along) , I have a problem with having to change my world so that someone doesn't have to adept to where they immigrated to. JMHO!!!!

knabe

Hawkeye said:

Any person who immigrates to this country legally has every right to speak their native language.  true.

what's so wrong with codifying english as the language of government and business.  seems pretty mild to me to foster that ALL peoples transact business in one language, which is much more efficient and not racist at all as everyone has to learn english to participate in government.  it's law you need working knowledge to get citizeship.

the military mandates that english is spoken, it's bad for moral if people can talk in front of you in a different language.  this may have changed recently though.

it's courtesy and giving up one's RACIST, nativist tendencies to adopt the language of the country one chooses to live in

everyone of my family that immigrated from europe learned english.  don't see the problem really.

i at one time spoke spanish reasonably, but don't now.  it really isn't that hard.

the issue for me is the pressure from the sheer numbers of illegals that are given a preference to change society at taxpayers expense.

breaking the law is breaking the law is breaking the law.  nothing to difficult.

this country is about freedom from people who break the law.

illegals are basically being given the freedom to break the law.

if that's racist, then i'm a racist.

Jill

Doc said:
Hawkeye said:

I am personally offended by you calling us that, but if wanting English to be the official language makes me a racist pig, then I geuss I'm HOGZILLA!!!!! I see that you are a newbie on here, but you should have taken time to read some other posts on here & you would see that our general discussions are that the immigrants need to be LEGAL not ILLEGAL.  I personally don't have a problem with a legal immigrant speaking their native language( I think you should be proud of your heritage & try to pass it along) , I have a problem with having to change my world so that someone doesn't have to adept to where they immigrated to. JMHO!!!!

I am NOT a racist!  I do not want to press 1 for English, I do not see why tax dollars should be spent printing every document in English and ANY other language.  I don't really care what language you speak in your home, I shouldn't have to learn Spanish to order at McDonalds, or hire employees.  I have no problem with legal immigration, that is what made this country, we are all immigrant decendants.  I will tell you this much, if I had a country I wanted to live in I would learn the language, no one HAS to live here, it is a choice.  I am not a kid and I can tell you we as a baby boomer generation have tought tolerance so well that it will totally break this country, there are some things that just should not be tolerated.  I'm with Hogzilla on this one.

showsteerdlux

Just so you know my family is from Germany only 3 generations ago and were strong in the Lutheran church which still had german services until a few years ago so you cant say much to me about that as they came from germany in the 1890s. Is it racist that England has the official language as english or such? I can't understand how that is racist. America offers many people chances at a better life and I am a large supporter of this to pwoplw of all races, colors.... Yes I want the border to stay open but with increased security. Also if americans visit another country we are expected to know their language well enough to communicate. Is that racist? No. All that making a language official is to say this is what we prefer to speak.

Ruchian

Yes I am a teenager, but that puts me in the minority on this site.  Most of the regular posters are adults.  Making English the official language doesn't mean that legal immigrants can't speak their native language.  If that was the case wouldn't eagles be the only bird we see flying around, I mean they are the official bird of the U.S..  I also go back to German ancestors.  Why should the people that already live here have to change their lives so that immigrants can continue to live their lives as if they never left their country.  Immigrants weren't forced to come here, they chose to.  They are able to speak their native languages and should be able to, but they should also learn ours.  If U.S. citizens go to other countries we are expected to learn that language.  If you aren't you are often treated differently and overcharged because you do know any different.  It's not racist to want an official language.  Immigrants argue that they are treated differently, then complain when laws are passed that insure that everyone is treated the same.  Again LEGAL immigrants should be able to speak their native languages, they should also try to learn ours.

kimbaljd

Wow hawkeye! You are getting pretty crazy with all that hatred you are spewing here. You sign up at around 6:00pm and have everybody on here hating you by 6:20. Maybe you should have read more than this single forum. If you had taken more than fifteen minutes to make your decision about everybody on this site, you would have seen that there are some really great people on here that are just voicing their opinions. Does that make you the racist one here today? I think so. Come back again and spend more than 20 minutes deciding about a whole group of people.

Thanks and you are more than welcome to come again.

doubled

Jill said:
Doc said:
Hawkeye said:

I am NOT a racist!  I do not want to press 1 for English, I do not see why tax dollars should be spent printing every document in English and ANY other language.  I don't really care what language you speak in your home, I shouldn't have to learn Spanish to order at McDonalds, or hire employees.  I have no problem with legal immigration, that is what made this country, we are all immigrant decendants.  I will tell you this much, if I had a country I wanted to live in I would learn the language, no one HAS to live here, it is a choice.  I am not a kid and I can tell you we as a baby boomer generation have tought tolerance so well that it will totally break this country, there are some things that just should not be tolerated.  I'm with Hogzilla on this one.

I totally agree with Jill on this one, I live in a community that has a ton of illegials, and Im paying for them, the ones that are legal are proud to be here, pay taxes and be part of our community but... the ones that knock up some american girl just to stay here, well I dont like that, sorry, my family were immigrants and they learned to speak English, live, work and pay taxes not send all the money elsewhere, all you gotta do is stand in line at the bank on a Friday afternoon...

shortyjock89

Hawkeye said:

Sir,
I think that I would be able to learn a new language.  If I moved to Spain, or Mexico, or one of the many Spanish-speaking countries around the world, I would try really hard to learn Spanish better.  I do know some Spanish, and I'm taking more of it next semester (I'm a college kid...not a child, not yet a grown man).  I'm sorry that you chose this topic to base your opinion of this forum on.  If you moved to another country, do you think it would be too much to ask for you to TRY to learn the language? I'm not saying that these immigrants can't speak their own language, quite the opposite.  It just seems to me a bit absurd when there are kids in High School that don't speak a bit of English.  These kids were not born in Mexico, they are Americans.  They get off easy on their school work because they have "Special Needs".  That's what makes me sick.  Making excuses for illegals that don't have the ambition to give being a "normal" American a shot.
Your grandparents were sure alot different than the influx of illegal immigrants we have today.  I respect your family for coming here and trying to make a better life. They did it LEGALLY, and they taught their family to stand up for what they believe..that much is apparent in your post.

Having said that, I would like for you to come back and maybe post your opinions about cattle or any other topic.  Hopefully you'll come back

Respectfully,

Justin Olson (yeah, Olson is Swedish, I have an immigrant story too..I might tell it later)

Show Heifer

All I can say is thank God not one single Iowa senator voted against english as the offical language.
As far as me being racist....call it what you will, but if you come into a country, you had better learn the language. If you come into a country you had better OBEY THEIR LAWS. If you come into a country, you had better PAY YOUR WAY.
And as far as US being racist....have you looked into Mexico's immigration laws? Germanys immigration laws?  THEY are racist. Not us (meaning Amercians- not afro-american, not german-amercian, not polish-american, not mexican-amercian...but Americans.) Deal with it. Its is hard to be a melting pot, when some are not willing to melt.
By the way hawkeye, I can speak several languages, and I am not a kid.  I was born, raised and educated in this great country. I learned the different languages DUE TO THE FACT I WANTED TO and I was going to travel to another country. Get over yourself or go to your native country.

JbarL

german as well.....family came into pa. area from a boat out of holland...1778.....family actully changed the origional european spellng of there geman last name and "amercanized it...to its present and  current amercian spelling, upon there arrrival.....this was out of necceistiy to exist in there new world...but ( and maybe some of you know ehat i'm talking about)....mainly it was aimply "respectful"....they came as farmers...teachers....carpenters....adults..teenagers...infants...and new borns.....ect......most of them were taught  english on the boat......they had to know english to be able to comunicate so they could buy/sell and trade fairly....but mainly they were respectful of the oppertunity to come here ....the promise of amecrica...also included the right to be able to retain your religous rights and cultural freedoms as well...but it also included the critera for bieng a "legal" citizen....no problem....i'm sure there were llines...language problems....medical issues....and maybe a few with sorted pasts....but they all checked in.......when folks stopped checkin' in they made it hard for the rest of them....english speakin or not....once ya check in you can talk how ever you want to....welcome to steer planet hawkeye......jbarl

shorthorns r us

Hawkeye said:

you say that you are an old man; so, i must ask.  when your grandparent were alive and living here?  maybe, just maybe, socio-cultural dynamics are dramatically different today than they werein past years.

knabe

this is what i discriminate against  (also read the telegram at the end, it's what we fought against in WWII, state religion, and we are surfing towards it in the US, state by state)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=511423&in_page_id=1770
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/sentenced-to-death-afghan-who-dared-to-read-about-womens-rights-775972.html

Yesterday the upper house of the Afghan parliament supported the sentence against the journalist, despite an international outcry over the harsh punishment for blasphemy.
It said the upper house approved the death sentence conferred on Mr Kambaksh by a city court in Mazar-e-Sharif.

amsterdam is 50% muslim.  yes amsterdam.  if democracy supports the above, i guess it's right.  hm.

it's pretty clear we just need more diversity.  i wonder if hillary or obama would take a stand against this.

by the way, it's in the afghani constitution that anyone who disavows islam will be put to death.

we just need more of this and to "understand"

so if we migrate to that position in the name of tolerance, what will be next?

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller

if one isn't against this bs, then you will surely die.

i am racist against those who would seek to eliminate my race.  i guess that's too harsh.  but, we just need to understand them.  i understand them perfectly.

The most prominent female MP, Malalai Joya, has been suspended after criticising her male colleagues.  interesting, where's gloria steinham or jane fonda or hillary?

sad, look what happens when you have unity.  tadah, group think

Attachments

• telegram.jpg
    telegram.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 487

cattlejunky

>> >I received this in a e-mail today.  kinda of interesting.  I think it is scary to think Hillary and Obama could be running mates!
>> > This is the web page for the church Barack Obama
>> belongs to:
>> www.tucc.org/about.htm

Its interesting that all the Senators that voted against the bill are all Democrats!  Do you think they are courting the Hispanic vote?

knabe

no, they are courting the illegal alien vote that will vote in the future.

there is a split about 50/50, at least in CA  in the hispanic community about illegal immigration.

this is simply about coalition building that vote in sufficient numbers to take your tax dollars as a source of revenue, as these people simply can't create a business to take the same amount of money from you with a predictable revenue stream.  plus, they would have to pay taxes if they did that.

BOTH parties need to be dismantled.  they simply have no american interest, they are merely an extension of a hidden monster.

no one will do anything as they are brainwashed and addicted to a cis trans relationship between the two parties and it reinforces obsessive compulsive behavior which is addictive and self reinforcing in the brain.  perhaps we should all get personality surveys.

it's amazing how gullable people are.