Estradiol

Help Support Steer Planet:

hamburgman

from my understanding this is illegal.  I could be wrong.  But estradiol is estrogen and has had horrible side effects when it gets into the water source.  It is linked to increases in cancer and men developing womenly features, so I would suggest if you do this be careful and quiet about it.

cowman 52

Estradiol will tighten the breeding window on timed A I been used for I know 8 years, is not illegal-  used 200 cc in last  30 days Heats will be strong  and will usually last about 3-4 hrs if you are breeding 100 head or so it really just makes everything fit a schedule

DL

cowman 52 said:
Estradiol will tighten the breeding window on timed A I been used for I know 8 years, is not illegal-  used 200 cc in last  30 days Heats will be strong  and will usually last about 3-4 hrs if you are breeding 100 head or so it really just makes everything fit a schedule

You are incorrect

The use of estradiol cyprionate in cattle is ILLEGAL

Cattle Reproductive Drug Estradiol Cypionate (ECP) Illegal, CVM Reminds Industry FDA Veterinarian Newsletter November/December 2005 Volume XX, No VI

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/FDAVeterinarianNewsletter/ucm092836.htm

The extra label use of estradiol benzoate for synchronization is also considered illegal as it does not meet the AMDUCA and ELDU regulations

Just because you do it doesn't make it right - don't shoot the messenger - I don't make the rules

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
About 5-6 years ago it was quite a bit cheaper than the substitue ,one guy that passed away ,  used it for mass breeding cause it did a bettter job.  For our receipts we give the Lutalyse on sixth day an pull cedars on seventh an this helps us to bunch them up ...

cowman 52

Not using cyprionate-  using aqueous- Rx yes but same as all the hormone replacement trearapys a lot of females of the homo sapiaen tribe are on this illegal nonsense has ran wild everytime someone just wants to as my grandad would say --I probably better not :mad:

DL

cowman 52 said:
Not using cyprionate-  using aqueous- Rx yes but same as all the hormone replacement trearapys a lot of females of the homo sapiaen tribe are on this illegal nonsense has ran wild everytime someone just wants to as my grandad would say --I probably better not :mad:

Are you trying to be funny - you failed.

Perhaps, if you are raising animals for food you should get a better grasp of extra label drug use - the extra label use of estradiol (in any form, and aqueous only means it is in water) synchronization, timed AI etc  is also considered illegal as it does not meet the AMDUCA and ELDU regulations

Drugs that are used for humans are not necessarily legal for use in animals we produce for food - educate yourself and leave grand dad out of it

WHLR SIMMENTALS

I have not used this drug I was just told about did not know it was illegal at all that really changes my thoughts! The person that told me about this use's it He called it a Aand B shot? Not really sure he said it works great long heat cycle and better number of cattle being breed. Im scared of trying anything differnt are cattle mean alot to us and it a hobby also. I thank all of you for your opinions.. I have also read that they have a implant that they place in the ear that pretty much is the same thing is this true?

Show Heifer

Maybe cowman is producing pasture ornaments, not meant for "real beef production".... just sayin....

That being said, DL is right. Estradiol has been illegal for years. My job, not sure about anyone else's goals for their beef herd, is to produce the best possible product for my consumer, whether that is someone buying a replacement heifer, or someone buying a steak. That means I use the best genetics I can, do the best job of managing those genetics and obeying all ELDU, and drug rules and regulations.

WHLR - Be wary of anyone offering to encourage you breaking the law and producing an unsafe food product. I wish you the best of luck in sync'ing your cows using LEGAL and approved methods!

WHLR SIMMENTALS

Thanks show heifer, We have been AIing are cattle for 3yrs now and we have had great luck just using good ol lute and fertagly so I think we will just keep on doing what we have done in the past and blow off all the other junk! We sold one of are steers and his first show was sunday he placed 2nd in his class and also got reserve champ so that just goes to show we dont need all this other crap Thats why Im happy I found this site and it pays to listen to people opinons!!! Thanks

cowman 52

Some people just have to try to impart all the vast knowledge they have on everyone else-  kind of like the smart a** that tells me that the plieers I carry on my belt are illegal  since they are a fence cutting tool.    Bet the usda in Washington could use a few more of these people to see if we can run every ones business 
And grandad would say" just to prove who's a** is blackest"