Everyone's doing it

Help Support Steer Planet:

xkrushx

What are you first impressions and honest thoughts on this calf...

Attachments

• doctor who profile.JPG
    doctor who profile.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 463

shortdawg

He looks like the real deal. I can't tell a whole lot about his frontal extension in the chute but I'm sure he's good up front too. A nice calf and you all should be proud of him.

shortyisqueen

I would like to clean up his shoulders a bit, but other than that...fancy!!! He sure makes a nice profile shot...and thick too!!

I see he's a Doctor Who by your pic label? Very nice. I'm quite interested in throwing a bit of semen from that bull at my cows and seeing what happens!

Telos

He looks like a very nice steer. Extra thick with lots of meat in that guy. Is he a Dr Who? What is the cows breeding? Just curious...

afhm

He looks good to me, big bones, huge butt and nice hair.  Just a little hint next time you clip him don't shave so far back on his jaw/head, that very visible line and contrasting colors make his neck appear shorter than it really is.  Its kind of hard to describe how to do it over the computer without a visual aid, but here it goes anyway.  Shave against the grain inside the halter lines when you take the halter off, (basically the face) also shave against the on the bridge of the nose.  Outside the halter lines shave down or with the hair then carefully blend the hair on the side of the head/jaw/face in with the hair on the neck.

xkrushx

Well, thanks everyone for the complements... He is a doctor who out of a Chill Factor mamma born in mid-march.  He does toe out just a tick in his front but our hoof trimmer should be able to fix that with a couple trims. I would agree with his front shoulder needing to be tighter, but it is hard to find one super stout without a little shoulder in him. We actually didnt clip him, our fitter clipped him out because we have a show this weekend and wanted to get him penciled in. I can see what you mean on blending the neck and we will try and touch that or just throw a little paint on it to blend the colors a little better. Thanks again

xkrushx