EXT X 6807 Heifer What do you think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SmithNorthside

EXT X 6807 birth day Oct.31,10 what do you think about her. Also full Sib. embryos for sale on embryo page.

Attachments

• M_Smith_5x7_DSC_0508.jpg
    M_Smith_5x7_DSC_0508.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 225

kfacres

SmithNorthside said:
BS you make me laugh no she moves like a cat. (lol)

ok.. but I think a quote I heard once might fit her quite well...  Sound as a cat, if you must..

Seriously, though, nice made heifer, with a pedigree like that should have plenty of flexibility in terms of mating possibility...  Give her a few years, and see what she does after calving...

SmithNorthside

Cut the BS said:
SmithNorthside said:
BS you make me laugh no she moves like a cat. (lol)

ok.. but I think a quote I heard once might fit her quite well...  Sound as a cat, if you must..

Seriously, though, nice made heifer, with a pedigree like that should have plenty of flexibility in terms of mating possibility...  Give her a few years, and see what she does after calving...
BS thanks four thoughts,  we are proud of her and she will find a place in the hard when her show career is over.

sue

(clapping)

This is old school angus breeding, right?

knabe

sue said:
(clapping)

Old school can mean the midgets of America and the pounds heavy ones from Canada who stayed true to principle.

wyatt

wow.... thats a stacked pedigree i would consider flushing her to irish whiskey  or a 734 son shes good  <rock>

trevorgreycattleco

sue said:
(clapping)

EXT amd 6807 are more responsible for the rise of angus to the top then any other bulls IMO. Angus was popular but when these bulls came down the pipe the breed went nuclear. Id say there are no other bulls that have been used as much as these two. Maybe 878. Just my thoughts. So sue, Id say yes

goodnight

SmithNorthside said:
EXT X 6807 birth day Oct.31,10 what do you think about her. Also full Sib. embryos for sale on embryo page.

Nice female. Her best years are ahead for you. Those EXT females get better at 7 and up, in my experience. You can go a lot directions with her. The golden cross is the base of a lot of club calf programs, but it is also the base of a lot of GAR genetics. It is a testament to the flexibility of both bulls, but in particular EXT. If you are wanting Angus show cattle, I would try EXG RS First Rate if you can find the semen (on the first calf I would go Northern Improvement or SAV Brilliance, though). If you are wanting performance/carcass genetics, I would go with new design genetics, and probably GAR New Design 5050. If you are wanting to go club calf, Meyer 734 or Irish Whiskey would really click with that.

Check out the NJAS and Denver champion female from this year. Your heifer is built similar to her, so you are not going fire and ice with the EXG RS First Rate bull. He is not a heifer bull, but that is a mating I would really consider with her.