"Eye of the Storm" Denver display Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

SteerguyIA

What confuses me is people say they won't use a colored bull but people keep using a bull that throws tons of color in Heat Wave. So my question is whats the difference between a colored bull and a black bull when in the clubbie deal the end result is much the same.

Show Steaks

very true... we have mostly all homozygous black ANGUS cows so we dont have that trouble.. by too colorful i ment the extra white he carries along the underline... i can live with a red or even yellow calf.... as long as the only white is on the head or udder.. but thats  JMO

herefordfootball

He looks really good. He is really thick, big boned, hairy and easy moving, with a pretty awesome front on him. I think people will say this or that about his color, but in the end result they'll still order the semen on him. I would like to see him longer bodied, just overall a little bigger bodied, but other than that, he's a for sure homerun. Wish you all the luck with promoting him, I think he'll do good for you guys.

shortyjock89

I think he looks awfully cool on the stand, and obviously tracks OK. My biggest concern with him is when he's on the move, his top likes to come up and just looks like he could get a little tighter loined than I'd like to be absolutely in love with him. Hope that doesn't sound too picky, I think he's really cool and will make some really nice calves.

Jill

SteerguyIA said:
What confuses me is people say they won't use a colored bull but people keep using a bull that throws tons of color in Heat Wave. So my question is whats the difference between a colored bull and a black bull when in the clubbie deal the end result is much the same.

I get red and black with Heat Wave, I don't get many with white.  Agree with Show Steaks, don't mind white blaze, but on the underline of a calf it always makes them look shallow.

spanky

who is thinking about using him. Also what kind of cattle do yall think he will work best on

CAB

He's another very nice looking good HW sired clubbie bull that I hope gets used enough that we can all see what he is capable of siring. That being said, I am going to sit on the sideline and watch. There are so many HW sons that are available that it's not necessary to use a new one that has no progeny to see. JMO. I wish the owner's good luck with Eye Of The Storm.

JbarL

SteerguyIA said:

people who have a boat fish towards the bank....people on the bank cast out to the middle ???....jbarl

BCCC

zach said:
I'm breeding him to a bigger framed deep bodied char cross cow. calves should be red/white/smoke etc etc.
Must be confident in him if already have plans to use a bull who hasn't even been collected yet

showman ne

zach said:
If he's a good bull I'm one step ahead i guess. I like the looks of him a lot and he will work on this cow.

and you'll sell it for a pile and it'll win every show it goes to...

this show cattle business gets easier everyday!!

farmboy

showman said:
zach said:
If he's a good bull I'm one step ahead i guess. I like the looks of him a lot and he will work on this cow.

and you'll sell it for a pile and it'll win every show it goes to...

this show cattle business gets easier everyday!!

Well that would be great  <beer>

herefordfootball

I sure wouldnt reccomend using an unproven bull and I never will, but some people hit homeruns by using new bulls, you never know who will be the next Heat Wave. Oh thats monopoly....but anyways...

Jacob B

I agree with Justin the most I guess.  He moves well enough, from what I can see in the video.  Tends to swing that front right a little when on the move.  Gets a little tight and could set that hind leg down a little easier, with a little more flex.  But how much more can you ask from one with that much power?  Very cool loking calf.  Will consider him in the future depending on how he works out.