Fair Entertainment

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

I dont know about your county fairs but at ours we have a demolition derby and a circus and 3 or 4 singers.

this year(an excellent line up) we have : tracey lawrence (find out who your freinds are, time marches on) Rodney Atkins (goin through hell, watching you) and Heart Land (?) and Daniell Peck (Findin' a Good Man)

who performs or what events does your fair have?

cowz

Sounds like you have great choices at your county fair.  Our state fair never gets the great ones.    This year we choose between Weird Al Yankovic, Ted Nugent, and Peter Frampton.  (Poor guy, just not the same without that hair!)

renegade

We've had Reba, blake sheldon, sugarland, aaron tipin, and rascal flats.  We also have a comical hypnotist, dancers and ag fun.

farmboy

cowz said:
Sounds like you have great choices at your county fair.  Our state fair never gets the great ones.    This year we choose between Weird Al Yankovic, Ted Nugent, and Peter Frampton.  (Poor guy, just not the same without that hair!)

ID GO WITH THE NUGE  ;D

shortyjock89

farmboy said:
cowz said:

ID GO WITH THE NUGE  ;D

Me too...and I would pray to God that he would play Fred Bear...lol oh man thats a ridiculous song...

justme

County fairs around here in NW Missouri are SO small.  We went to a couple to show our heifer and it looked like a picnic pravilion we were showing in.  Many have a demo or a mud run.  We have regional state fairs though...which remind of me Ohio County fairs.  NW Missouri State fair is going to have Blake Shelton.  2 years ago we had Tracy Lawrence (what a waste of money).  They also had Toby Keith (right as his first hit song came out) and Trace Adkins 3 years ago (OH my!  his deep voice made me melt when I met him backstage)

So different how fairs are ran across the United States!  (pop)  I miss Elephant ears, waffles from the Christian church, and vinegar for my fries at the fair!  Can you believe they never heard of vinegar on your fries in Missouri???? 

renegade

County fairs around here in NW Missouri are SO small.  We went to a couple to show our heifer and it looked like a picnic pravilion we were showing in.  Many have a demo or a mud run.  We have regional state fairs though...which remind of me Ohio County fairs.  NW Missouri State fair is going to have Blake Shelton.  2 years ago we had Tracy Lawrence (what a waste of money).  They also had Toby Keith (right as his first hit song came out) and Trace Adkins 3 years ago (OH my!  his deep voice made me melt when I met him backstage)

So different how fairs are ran across the United States!    I miss Elephant ears, waffles from the Christian church, and vinegar for my fries at the fair!  Can you believe they never heard of vinegar on your fries in Missouri? 

I use to live in Rolla, Mo.  That was a horrible fair.  A few vendors, like five rides and crummy old barns - i don't know if they even showed their animals, i moved back to idaho just as i was starting ffa.  I can say if i was still living their i probably wouldn't have gotten into cattle.  Here in idaho almost every restuarant has fry sauce - people in Mo. thought i was crazy for mixing ketchup and mayo.  My favorite fair food is FUNNEL CAKES - an oldie but a goodie

OH Breeder

OHIO STATE FAIR

Daughtry with special guest Day of Fire

Wed., Aug. 1

Gary Allan
Thurs., Aug. 2

KEM
Fri., Aug. 3

George Jones / Merle Haggard
Sat., Aug. 4

Diana Reyes
Sun., Aug. 5

Jeremy Camp with special guest The Afters
Mon., Aug. 6

“Johnny Cash Tribute Show” starring Tommy Cash

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
Tues., Aug. 7

“Weird Al” Yankovic
Wed., Aug. 8

Corbin Bleu & Drake Bell with special guest Jordan Pruitt

Charlie Wilson

Quiet Riot / Slaughter
Sat., Aug. 11

Rascal Flatts with special guest Jason Aldean**

red

some good stuff! The Hardin County fair though has some of the worst entertainment yet!

Red

justme

Missouri state fair has Big and Rich with Cowboy Troy and another day the American Idol tour.  Not bad for a state fair that is the size of a decent size county fair in Ohio lol.....Now to convince hubby I need to see Big and Rich ::)

farmboy

RED, YOU SHOULD COME DOWN TO SCIOTO COUNTY, WE ALWAYS HAVE GOOD SHOWS, LAST YEAR WE HAD CRAIG MORGAN, TRACY BIRD, AND AARON TIPPIN. I DIDN'T WATCH ANY SHOWS BUT WHEN I WAS WASHING MY STEER AT DARK, I COULD HEAR "I just climbed out of a cottonwood tree
I was runnin' from some honey bees
Drip dryin' in the summer breeze
After jumpin' into Calico creek
I was walkin' down an old dirt road
Past a field of hay that had just been mowed
Man I wish you'd just left me alone
'Cause I was almost home..."
.."  (clapping)

NHR

We have no entertainment or rides, just a bunch of people shoving stuff down the throats of their steers and shooting them up with stuff. We show heifers, of course we did by a steer this year but i doubt he makes to the county show.

showcattlegal

I wish we had people come to our fair but it's way to small. we don't even have a rodeo anymore. Our state fair has some good people come most of the time, there use to be every night but now it's like every 3rd or 4th night.

bluegrass

I go to several county fairs here in ky. Most have big truck and tractor pulls. Some have really big horse shows. Don't think many have big name entertainment like was mentioned befor.

genes

Hmmm our fair isn't that big.  We have the GX94 Star Search Finals - a singing competition waaay older than any idol :p  Some midlevel talents maybe, that I probably wouldn't pay attention to.  Most of the stage entertainment is later in the week anyway, and the calves are done on the first night.  We always used to watch the fireworks but my mom told me this year they moved those too :(  Oh and my one of my all time favorite spectator sports (I say spectator cuz I wouldn't do it in a million years) Chuckwagon racing.  Time usually overlapped though so that was unfortunate :(

Worst fair entertainment....the ER

red

I'm w/ you on the ER Genes! Been there done that. I'd like to say I'm some of the best entertainment because I usually do something stupid that week.
Our county fair is during school ( week of Labor Day) & most of the schools take the week off.

Red

ShortyJ13

awww, man some of these county fairs sound awsome! But ours is REALLY REALLY REALLY small. they have a couple rides... so exhibit buildings..but as far as showing goes? out of my 6 or so years ... ive seen one cow. its sad really..its always a couple goats & sheep.. maby 4 or 5 pigs .. a couple chickens or rabbits at the most. ... so emphasis on the -small-  (lol)