Fair Steer Sale Video

Help Support Steer Planet:

EONF

Our fair ended yesterday and I just wanted some honest opinions on this big guy... He's a 1/2 Maine, 1/2 Shorthorn sired by ADM Mr. Moneybags. He sold at 1130 lbs., after sale weight deductions, and was the reserve FFA steer. If anybody wants to see photos let me know because I should have some soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsPE_MyWHo​

showsteerdlux

Did this calf come from McPeak?  Sounded like he sure sold well. I like the calf but was this his end show, if so I think 1130 is a little light for the runner up spot but I guess there is a reason he got it.

Cattledog

Steer looks nice.  I sure wish the steers brought that much at our county fair!

EONF

Thanks for the comments and yes we were very pleased with how much he sold for...The best part is that the people that bought him are letting us keep his hide so we are going to get something made for his breeder and myself. If anyone has suggestions that would be great! Showsteerdlux, the McPeaks did breed him and I would  probobably agree with you on his weight except that most of the champions in our area come out of the middle weight division (usually between 1,150 and 1,250 lbs). The judge at our fair said that if he had had about 1/10 more fat over his ribs he would have been in competition for the overall grand drive. We felt that going into the show he was 75 lbs. lighter than he should have been, the result of a very hot and humid August and early September in our area ( coastal N.W. Florida). I feel that this calf was an excellent animal and I would certainly recommend his sire. In fact, we are breeding our heifers to him this next year and my fair steer for next year is a Moneybags son. And if anyone is interested, in the last 30 days this calf gained 3.66 lbs. per day. Thanks again for the comments and keep them coming!

Latest posts