FALL BORN CALVES

Help Support Steer Planet:

olsencattleco

I just wanted to see how everyone elses fall babies are looking so far. What look to be your best. I should be able to get a few pictures taken this afternoon, if so i will post them later this evening. If you have pictures lets see them

eric

SKF

Here's a few of our fall borns. The first is a steer calf out of a Power Plus son and a WMW cow, the second is a blue roan bull calf out of a CF Fortune son and a simmi angus cow and the last one is a bull out of TLM Bouncer and a simmi maine heifer. The calves that I am most excited about are due to come any day. I can't wait!!!!!

Attachments

• 08-30-08 calves 088a.JPG
    08-30-08 calves 088a.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 924
  • Ike 040a.JPG
    Ike 040a.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 905
  • Ike 025a.JPG
    Ike 025a.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 897

chambero

My best bull calves appear at this stage to be out of Golden Child, a couple of Heat Wave, and Rocky Balboa.  I don't know if they will turn out being my best, but my Rocky calves are very nice looking.  One stout bull calf out of Yellow Jacket.  Also some Jimmy the Greek calves are doing nice.  A little red bull calf out of Heat Wave and a commercial simi-angus cow is the thickest I've ever raised, but he's either hurt his back leg or is starting to cripple.  Don't know which yet.

Probably pretty easily our best calf crop ever. 

Ruebush Shorthorns

I have two SS JOE RIDER calves.  One with socks out of a commercial cow that looks really good this picture is at a month old.  The other is a Joe Rider X Sonny bull that is a few days old, hard to say he wil be good or not at such a young age. Have another coming in November that will be a Joe Rider X Kaboom on the Dam.  She is my best cow and this will be the first calf here at our place.  Bought her open after her first calf didn't make it.  Also had a Paleface X Vegas bull at 60 pd BW.  He is coming along and try to get them on creep now that they are a month old.

Attachments

• RSSC Black and white 008 resize.JPG
    RSSC Black and white 008 resize.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 905

olsencattleco

I did not get as many pictures taken this afternoon as i would have liked too. Maybe more tomorrow.

This is a Sunseeker out of a Who Made Who female that has done very well for us in the past.

6a1-2.jpg

6a8-1.jpg

6a6-1.jpg

Cattledog

All of these fall born calves really make me want to start breeding for some.  I usually calve from January thru March and waiting until the next January for some new babies always drives me nuts! 

SKF

Here's our newest fall born. She was born at 11:00am today. She is out of a Ali son and a Cigar cow.

Attachments

• new baby 015a.JPG
    new baby 015a.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 708
  • new baby 005a.JPG
    new baby 005a.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 720

kanshow

Looks  like there are some nice fall babies on the ground.    Would love to show you pictures of ours but at this point they would just be pix of cow bellys!!! 

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Very nice looking group of calves.  Most of you proably know I'M  A  little partial TO THE SMOKE'S AN cHAROLAIS  by watching some of my post's , but I really liked the Olson cattle, have quite a little of the Kris Black influence , but really nice calve's.  I'll try to get picture's one of these days.

shortdawg

Best steer - Alias/Angus Smoke calf

Best Heifer - ( Tie ) JPJ/CharXAngus Red Roan - Vanilla Ice/Angus Smoke

JSchroeder

Snapped some pics of three week old calves this afternoon while trying to stay away from watching Deiter..

1st - Is Sunseeker a red carrier?  If so, it's a Sunseeker, otherwsie a Heat Wave out of a Charolais cross cow.

2nd - Wave on Wave out of one of RSC's donors.

3rd - Same flush as 2nd.

Attachments

• 83ocy.jpg
    83ocy.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 94oct.jpg
    94oct.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 814
  • 134oct.jpg
    134oct.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 796

RSC

JSchroeder said:
Snapped some pics of three week old calves this afternoon while trying to stay away from watching Deiter..

1st - Is Sunseeker a red carrier?  If so, it's a Sunseeker, otherwsie a Heat Wave out of a Charolais cross cow.

2nd - Wave on Wave out of one of RSC's donors.

3rd - Same flush as 2nd.

Look real good Jeff.

RSC