Fall Born Lowlines! New Pictures 10/19

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

I know he has a summer born heifer out of Zefferelli that is flat good! He also has some other nice calves that he will have at NAILE. I hope he'll post some pics!

Reinken Cattle Co.

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I know he has a summer born heifer out of Zefferelli that is flat good! He also has some other nice calves that he will have at NAILE. I hope he'll post some pics!

Dont you have a lowline heifer? how is she looking? would love to see pictures of her!

dori36

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
I was just reading the part about you talking about how lively the little buggers are Dori, It is so true! from past years I have a very very low hot wired pry 6 inches off the ground back here at home in the front pasture but  just started renting a new pasture this year which is nice but I worry so much about them little girls they slip threw the smallest spot like a dang mouse! Back on the topic of tequila and his daughters sure hoping for heifers from those embryos! Those girls sure are fancy, a bad note Tequila calves always seem to have an attitude! high strung cocky calves if ya know what I mean.. Are bull before him was Bar J Casanova and he was the tamest lil guy ever sure looked mean but Doug Dodds girls could ride around on him! Now the tequila bull that we call Otis acts like hes a 3000lb BA! Have one more cow due this week! will post pictures when her calf hits the ground! and will also update pictures of these calves frequently because id like to get them out on the market, still have two heifers from last year that are absolutely awesome that I just cant seem to find intrest in, Fine with me thow ill keep a for sale sign on them and run them as cows for awhile!! TJ knowing that your another active lowline breeder on here would love to see some of your fall calves if you have any post them on here! to try and widen this topic a little bit for all the other breeders to see! Thanks

Matt

I haven't found Tequila females to have 'attitude' exactly, but I would say they are more aloof than some other Lowlines.  Then, there are those that make liars out of you ....like this one, GNS Glen Ellen.  She's just a puppy dog and loves people.  She was Gr. Ch Fullblood Female at the NILE in Billings when I owned her and is now owned by Revelation Ranch in Greenville, MI.  I've posted this pic before, but here it is again.  She's what I mean by "cute" and is that "golden cross" with her dam being a daughter of Tequila and her sire being my bull, ABF Fitz S219.

Attachments

• P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 217

TJ

Olson Family Shorthorns said:

I just got back from a cattle hauling trip & decided to check out the Planet. 

Here is the Zeffirelli heifer when she was practically a new born.  It's not a good picture of her at all & she's a lot bigger now.  She's also a maternal 1/2 sister to Jamberoo.  Like Justin, I think that she is pretty good.  I've also got a full brother that Cindy Jackson bought 1/2 interest in. 

The other picture is my Yes Yes Yes ET bull calf out of Ardrossan Geisha nursing his Tarentaise recipient mother.   Can't tell much about him either, but he is fancy & he looks like he's going to be a tall Lowline bull.  Geisha is a tank & I just hope that he inherited that trait. 

Both pictures were taken in late July.  

I'll try to get some pics of the others shortly, but I've been swamped lately, with lots on my mind. 

Attachments

• ZeffXNardia.jpg
    ZeffXNardia.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 211
  • Yes_X_Geisha.jpg
    Yes_X_Geisha.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 211

Reinken Cattle Co.

dori36 said:
Reinken Cattle Co. said:
Had another heifer calf born this morning!

Soooo, is she lost in the grass so you couldn't get a picture?  (lol)  Sire?  Dam?  Halfblood or fullblood?  Nosy Dori wants to know!

She is tucked down in the grass! but I will run down and get a picture of her..shes not as nice as the other two but still..a heifer! Sire is SPCR Tequila PO6 dam is a halfblood...making her a 3/4 calf. Its a beautiful day here for calving! and getting alot of work done outside getting ready for winter!! But ill run down to the pasture now and get a picture of her and post it!

Matt

Reinken Cattle Co.

Here are a few pictures the first is of the new calf I couldnt get her to stand with her head up not a very strong baby yet so i tryed to hold it up...the second picture is our bull (SPCR Tequila PO6) the third is the two heifers born a week ago

Attachments

• Heifer 3.JPG
    Heifer 3.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 186
  • SPCR Tequila PO6.JPG
    SPCR Tequila PO6.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Heifer 1& 2.JPG
    Heifer 1& 2.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 183

dori36

Oh, groan, I miss my Lowline calves!!  How cute they all are and what a difference a week makes with the first two!  Nice, fancy bull, btw.  How's his disposition? 

Reinken Cattle Co.

dori36 said:
Oh, groan, I miss my Lowline calves!!  How cute they all are and what a difference a week makes with the first two!  Nice, fancy bull, btw.  How's his disposition? 

I hate to admit..Not good! You will not see me trying to scratch his head in the pasture let alone get 10 feet from him. He acts like that pasture is his and you dont belong there! He wont run from you he will come at you!

dori36

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
dori36 said:

I hate to admit..Not good! You will not see me trying to scratch his head in the pasture let alone get 10 feet from him. He acts like that pasture is his and you dont belong there! He wont run from you he will come at you!

Sorry!  I've been lucky to have a good dispositioned bull but I still never take him for granted. 

LazyGLowlines

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
dori36 said:

That is unusual, we have never had a problem with our bulls, Bluey just ignores us when we are in the pasture with him, even when he is breeding our cows.
We just returned from the NILE show yesterday, not a large turn out, but lots of nice cattle. I think the economy had a lot to do with it.

Attachments

• bluey at work 6-3-08.JPG
    bluey at work 6-3-08.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 144