Fall calf pics - UPDATE

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeBnTN

kiblercattle said:
Would it be possible to see a pic of that bull calfs mother?
I'll try to the next time I'm at dad's.  She doesn't look anything like him and is very different than the other Buster daughters we have.  She's very angular and feminine, a little larger framed and not as deep or soggy.  But she calves easily, has a great udder and takes good care of her calves.  This bull calf pulled her down pretty good, but then again he was over 700 lbs. at weaning.

Once I get a pic of her I'll post it

JoeBnTN

Thanks to Steve McGill, Iva, SC, for his purchase of Hillside Vol.  Sired by Hillside Leader and out of a Muridale Buster daughter, Vol is extremely sound, moderate framed, athletic, with true muscle shape.  He should prove to be a great asset for the practical, performance based program that Steve and his family have developed. 

Attachments

• Hillside Vol.jpg
    Hillside Vol.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 168

kiblercattle

He sure looks longer than a well rope. Looks like he should do a lot of good. Pretty excited about the leader calves I have on the ground.

JoeBnTN

kiblercattle said:
He sure looks longer than a well rope. Looks like he should do a lot of good. Pretty excited about the leader calves I have on the ground.
Glad to hear the calves are doing well.  As we get more data on Leader I think we'll see that he has some value to the breed.  The bull that Steve bought has been a favorite around the farm for some time and I think he'll do a great job for the McGill's.