Fall Hereford Show Heifers For Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

herfhawk

We have two very nice fall heifers and will offer choice (and keep the other). These cows calved this fall because they have both been flushed in the summer and their due dates have been moved back. We have embryos from both cows due this winter.

The first heifer is our of MB Cattail Maxine and our herd bull Buddy a Lorenzen bull out of Channing. From his first calves, he has moderated frame size and added some very nice muscle while boosting EPD's. Maxine won her class in both the Illinois Jr. Association preview show and the Illinois State Fair. She is a maternal sister to a National Champion Polled Heifer.

The second heifer is out of the Colyer cow we purchased in the 2002 internet auction and again by Buddy. This is the third heifer out of this cow. The first two have been shown and produced a reserve division champion at the preview show and her other calf won her class at the junior nationals in Denver (for Dean Adcock).

These heifers are out of our top cows and will produce in the show ring and later on.

I hope to post pictures in the near future (if the weather ever cooperates)

Edit: I tried to take pictures today, but none of them really turned out very good. I do have a couple of pictures of them that I took as calves, they can be viewed at: http://picasaweb.google.com/jbohnsack/HerefordCalfPictures

You can see the Colyer heifers sister from the 2007 Junior Nationals.

I also have a really good (at least I think) June horned heifer. Her mother is from Hawk herefords in Earlville (2007 NAILE Champion heifer) and Purple Tonic. She is nice, wide and deep. I tried to take a picute of her, but no luck. I will try again.

jay @ 309.738.0811