Fall Sale Creep Feed

Help Support Steer Planet:

BRF

Whats everyone use for a ration to get their baby sale calves ready for fall sales?

tcf

ShowStopper Cruiser
ShowStopper Accelerator

We are in Canada and I work for Masterfeeds. I believe these would be similar to the Showrite formulas in the USA.

I really like the cruiser starter feed. Great to get calves onto feed aggressively and wanting back at the bunk when you enter the pen. It is a tick lighter for those that can get too fat on you also. We have PB Herefords and every now and then they can just get too Greasy on us.

The accelerator is our go to ration. Cheated, added yeast, and balanced for optimal intakes and results. We feed this to steer calves, heifer calves and all the way up to the big mature bulls.

Kurtis Reid

creativecattle

We are feeding Purina's precon for the first time this year, top dressed with Sure Champ and love it. Last year we did Kent's creep feed with Sure Champ, but I think the calves are performing better with pre con. I work for VitaFerm but since adding Sure Champ our calves eat so much more consistently especially in hot weather (we live in NE Iowa). This blog post might also help you. http://vitaferm.com/creep-feed-options/

Latest posts