fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

Moocow11

ok  i am goin to buy 2 fans which should i get, the sullivan 24" turbo with 10500 cfm's, sullivan show barn with 8500 cfm's, or a 42" drum fan with 16000 cfm's
http://www.qcsupply.com/Products/13239.aspx          which 2 fans should i get for about 6 calves

NHR

Are these for your barn or for taking to shows?

For our barn we use the 24" deep cage Schaefer fan.

For shows we use the Sullivans 24" Turbo fan.

Moocow11

well our barn is a lean-to.  most of the jack pot shows we go to during the spring arent to hot and this yera we will only be running around with 3-4 heifers. and then at fair we will have a 6-7 calves. so mainly a barn fan, and then leaving maybe 4 times top

NHR

I would lean toward the Sullivans Turbo then. It is a good fan and blows a lot of air. Drum fans have a high cfm but they dont blow the air at a fast enough speed. You can set Turbo and the drum fan next to each other and there is a big difference.

Moocow11

so i should i get 2 sullivan turbo's? if so which stand should i put them on and when in the barn should i put them on a Sullivan’s Upright Fan Stand,  Fan Bracket Hanger, or a Triangle Fan Hanger. and should i put them blowing from head to butt, or butt to head.  :)))

shortyjock89

I would get two Sullivan Turbo's..I would hang them up blowing from the side if you're going to have them on 6 calves.  If you have to have them on the ground, then have the air blowing from butt to head.

Moocow11

so i should put them on a Triangle Fan Hanger above the calves.  and have them blowing across the backs of the calves one on each side of the tie out

Moocow11

actually we also have another fan that is a 24 inch i dont know what it is but it is pretty power full. we will actually only need the fans on 4-5 heifers. and then our two steers wont have to have hair. so i think i will be feeding the 4-5 heifers, grow and shine and then the 3 fans and rinsing 2-3 times a day they should have decent hair O0 hopefully

shortyjock89

No, I wouldn't have the fans at each end of the stalls, they would just be fighting each other and the calves in the middle wouldn't get any airflow. I do it like this:  One fan on one end, then two or three calves, then the other fan blowing the same way, then the rest of the calves. 

FAN-> Calf, Calf  FAN-> Calf,Calf

Moocow11

our posts are 12 foot apart at the back of it(butt of calf) but at the front  there are plenty of posts. and the ceilin is about 10 foot high?? also it is about 15 foot wide with 3 foot of it  being an alley way in the front??