Fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

Richburg

i would like to hear everyones opinions on the different fans on the market? as you can see sullivans have recently gone up to 265 and i am eventually going to order another 2 or 3 fans so i wanted to hear from other people what other fans perform like and what their prices are?

Richburg

red

I wouldn't scrimp on fans. Cheaper ones might burn the motor quicker

Red

frostback

If you are going to use them in small space noise becomes a issue, at least it does for me. I have two, 15 year old Schaffer fans that still are going strong and bought two new ones a couple years back. I use them in the cool room and they are quieter.  I use my Sullivan's Turbo in the bigger part of the barn and take it to shows. I am sure that the Sullivan's Barn Cooler, I  think that is what they call it, it has the bigger cage anyway, would be better in small spaces too. They do not move that air like the Turbos but they do circulate it good enough for a cool room and like I said the less noise is what I like. Frostback

chambero

Sullivan's makes a barn fan that I think is identical to the turbo with a bigger cage.  They are a lot quieter than the standard fans.  We've got two of their barn fans and four turbos.

garett

Oh snap, I didnt see that they had gone up to $265..guess you can get $10 off if you order online, but still thats not cool of them.  (lol)

Jill

Steel is really high right now, so anything you purchase is going to be higher, just a fact of life.

shortyjock89

The barn fans work really well, we have one in a part of the barn where noise would be an issue..other than that, we have the turbo's, and I think I might buy a Shaeffer or two just because of their longevity and how quiet they are.

ShowmanQ

I always thought the Hartkools were goofy, basically because of the plastic part on the cage, and most of them come in green...however i bought one at a sale for a steal and fell in love and have since bought 2 more to haul to the shows. They are kind of loud, but the air they put out is darn good.Very powerful, but the will suck the electricity. I have a buddy with an aluminum fan cage, and he has to wire the front to the tie rails or the 2 Hartkools on the back will shift the cage backwards at time, however you dont seem to have that problem with a steel cage or using the side bar attachment.
Quinton

earl

We use Farm Tek fans, lots cheaper.  Sometimes they are on sale, also the first time I ordered they send me a coupon for ten or twenty percent for the next order.  They also have the shade cloth and mister nozzles.

mswcattle

red said:
I wouldn't scrimp on fans. Cheaper ones might burn the motor quicker

Red
There is a company called farm tek that sales a variety of ag products including fans.  you may want to price them out.  we have them in our barn.  they are water resistant and are designed for outdoor use in barns.

Richburg

earl said:
We use Farm Tek fans, lots cheaper.  Sometimes they are on sale, also the first time I ordered they send me a coupon for ten or twenty percent for the next order.  They also have the shade cloth and mister nozzles.

what are the farm tek fans like? what their longevity like?

i have search the all over for shaffer and i cant find the site can somebody give me the link?

Richburg

DLD

We've had good luck with "The Fan" from Blue Ribbon, and they're a little cheaper than Sullivans  http://www.blueribbonshowsupply.com/fans.htm

We've got a Schaffer in the barn that I really like alot. They had bunches of them on sale cheap at Atwoods a couple of years ago, and I was going to buy like 4, but they were all gone by the time I got the time and money. I wonder if they even still make 'em ?

sawboss

We have 4 Sullivan Turbo Fans that basically run 24/7 year round, unless the steers are in the cool room late in the year.  In my opinion they are the best, yes a little noisy but move tremendous amounts of air and the calves love laying in front of them in the Texas heat and humidity.  In another post I diagramed how I use them in conjunction with a Port-A-Cool Fan.  Like anything else you get what you pay for, do not cut corners on quality.

linnettejane

bump for new comments...anybody?  im getting ready to buy some...

also wondering about watts, or amps, or whatever you call it...and types of extension cords needed to run them...
im looking at sulls 24 in. turbo or showbarn...but the price is  :eek:...would like to find better price for same quality...

shortyjock89

linnettejane said:
bump for new comments...anybody?  im getting ready to buy some...

also wondering about watts, or amps, or whatever you call it...and types of extension cords needed to run them...
im looking at sulls 24 in. turbo or showbarn...but the price is  :eek:...would like to find better price for same quality...

QC Supply fans are the best fans we've ever bought. They move just as much as a Sullivan fan, and they're $180 bucks normally, and we bought ours on sale for like $150. 

ferkj

We have also used the QC supply fans and have been pleased with them.