Fans

Help Support Steer Planet:

txshowlamb

I guess a fans a fan i would go to walmart and but the metal one theyre 30 bucks and buy 3 each steer would have their own either that or a misting fan (thumbsup)

showsteerdlux

Sullivans turbo fans are by far the best way to go.For 3 steers I don't think that walmart fans are the way to go.  For 3 calves I would get either 2 or 3 fans and keep the calves somewhere where it is as dark as possible. These fans my cost more to start but they also last and can be hauled around to shows also which makes them the best option imvho.

tucker

the turbo fan at sullivans is awsome and last forever.the cheepies at wallyworld  wont make it in a damp hard run showbarn envirement.

NHR

We use big cage Schaeffer fans in the barn and Sullivan Turbo fans for shows. Both are good fans, the schaeffer is less noisy.

ShowmanQ

I have some sullivan's show barn fans for use at home, but I have recently acquired some used Hartkools and am now a HUGE fan. They oush a lot of air and seem to be durable enough. I haul them around to shows and love them (clapping)

Davis Shorthorns

I bought one of those metal cheapies at wallmart and havent had a problem yet with it.  No they wont last years and years, but for 30 bucks it isn't like  you are spending alot on them.

simtal

why waste your time with that cheap junk? Buy something that is made for the job. The sullivan fans aren't cheap but they last, and the amount of air they move is considerably greater. If your serious about showing cattle you'll get one.  Some will say I'm arrogant but I telling the truth.

shortyjock89

simtal said:
why waste your time with that cheap junk? Buy something that is made for the job. The sullivan fans aren't cheap but they last, and the amount of air they move is considerably greater. If your serious about showing cattle you'll get one.  Some will say I'm arrogant but I telling the truth.

I tend to agree. We do have some Shaeffer fans though, and I think they are just as good.  Hartkools are probably right up there in cfm's, but they are LOUD.

ShowmanQ

I tend to agree. We do have some Shaeffer fans though, and I think they are just as good.  Hartkools are probably right up there in cfm's, but they are LOUD.
[/quote]

Hartkools are slightly louder than the Sullivan fans, however I trust that at the shows the usual people with the loud rap music will take care of overwhelming the noise of the fans for me (lol) (lol) (lol)

tucker

i think i have tried all the fans the turbo and showbarn from sullivans is the best built problem free with the strongest moter.  never had much luck with the cages of the schaeffer or the moters in the hartcool.

Show Dad

Not to rain on the Sullivan fans here  :D but after going through 3 in a summer for motor problems on the first two and a fan blade that was out of balance on the last one I sent them back. Went with the Schaeffer fans and have been glad I did. They are quite enough that you can actually understand the blaring rap music. ;) 8)
<alien>

kanshow

I agree that the sullivan turbo fans are great but my complaint is the weight of them.    They are just plain heavy.   

DLD

Blue Ribbon Show Supply sells fans that are very comparable to the Sullivans in terms of both air movement and longevity - I've had very good luck with them. We do have a Schaffer I got used with some other show supplies, and I like it a whole lot, but it stays in the barn - a little awkward to haul around, IMO. That rap being played at shows must be a regional thing, thank heavens - if I couldn't find a stereo that'd play louder, I'd be huntin' the loudest fans I could find.