Fat

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

Hi-Fat, it's a pellet that used to be fed to dairy cattle all the time.  Not sure if you can still get it, but man did it put a nice finish on our steers when we showed steers.  Vegetable oil also works great, but don't use too much!

pepper

i'm using a horse supplement called horsemans pride, soybean oil and cocunut oil, 97% fat , they seem to eat it up pretty good feeding 4oz twice a day

shortyjock89

dhs said:
Showmaster's "Power Phat"

We fed that one year, and it almost burned our steer up. We didn't even feed much of it either.  I really like Showmaster's Sheen for a Protein supplement.

kanshow

Power Up from Sunglo is pretty good.  We also used oil products to add fat.

Pop Tart

We have used Show Flo and was wondering if there is something better.  Are the pelleted fat supplements better than liquid?

mp

What about the new stuff natural solutions has called glucoat, anybody tried it yet. I was thinking about using it this year but would like to hear someones opinion who has used it.

dori36

Pop Tart said:
What is everyone's opinion of the best fat additive to use for steers?

Sorry for this one, it's Monday......but does anyone else see the humor in the topic here, "Fat", and the SP handle of "Pop Tart"?  Like I said, it's Monday morning!!!