Favorite Ag school

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

Whats your favorite ag college? Seems like there are some good little ag colleges that can get overlooked unless you talk to those in the ag community.

PaFFA Proud

Of course Penn State-University Park but I also like Delaware Valley College. I have friends that go to both..Penn State has a lot to offer in the ag field tons of modern advancements r taught also location is nice. Delware  has nice facilities and is very hands on. It is a very clean college and they have nice animals too. I prefer their housing over penn states and you get a lot more individual time with the professors unlike penn state. It is also close to philly for shopping and entertainment when u want it but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. They have a train station right on campus for commuting home or to philly.

trevorgreycattleco

I went to Ohio State ATI in Wooster, Ohio for 2 years for turfgrass management and walked right by the beef science room everyday. My buddies that were in the program sure liked it. If I could go back I would have taken beef science after a stint in the armed forces. Everybody should serve their country for a while IMO. I'm sure out west there is a bunch as well, but Ohio State is pretty good, still cows in downtown Columbus last time I was there as well. I see pics of a OSU herd in Select sires that is at OARDC I beleive in Mansfield?  I'm too lazy to look right now.

Davis Shorthorns

MorMad said:
The Great Kansas State University! <cowboy>

I will agree KSU is a great school.  Kansas also has a few really good community colleges that have good ag programs.  Colby, Butler, Pratt. etc... 

katie_k

UW River Falls. great hometown school that has a ton to offer. small classes, close to the city.  lab farms on campus. i love this school

iowabeef

When it comes to ag schools.....Iowa State University sets the standard.....

fed_champions

It depends on  what u want to study. Texas A&M is a pretty good all around ag school with a great veterinary program. Kansas State comes to mind and so does Oklahoma State. As far as community colleges go, Im a Blinn alum, so of course i gotta vote for them. But, Butler in Kansas, Conners in Oklahoma, and Clarendon in Texas all have great programs in the field of Agriculture.

kobo_ranch

GO TARLETON TEXANS... good 'ole STEPHENVILLE, TEXAS.  Cowboy capital of the World! <cowboy>

fbrmom

Eastern Wyoming College in Torrington, wy. Great small 2 year college.  Small Classes, my duaghter has a class with 2 kids.  Small town community, people are really friendly.  Great place.