Favorite Bulls on display at NWSS

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

From the videos I have seen so far I'm pretty impressed with Womanizer. Seems to be one stout dude. Also like Babe Ruth Pretty dang good.

tadpole

Saw the video of womanizer and wow!  He is one cool bull. I really like the looks of him. So far my favorite bull from the videos anyway.

Throttle

Tad off topic, but did anyone else see Rachel give the SP bull bracket results on the Gunpowder N Lead interview on Cattle.com? I thought that would get some folks here a little excited  ;D

OH Breeder

Did anyone see Bartender? Thought he looked pretty good in video. I personally like white shorty's.

Throttle

OH Breeder said:
Did anyone see Bartender? Thought he looked pretty good in video. I personally like white shorty's.

I thought he looked nice in the video as well. He is a May though and it appears to show, he looks kinda like a baby compared to some of the others, but so does Ivy League to me. I know his dam pretty well and she matured late (green as grass as a calf). I'm not the Shorty guru that many of you guys are. Could a guy consider a Grey Goose x Sonny/ Doublestuff with a 65 lbs birthweight a heifer bull? If so, I think this one would be worth serious consideration. Appears built pretty good.

shortdawg

dmo102 said:
Bojo's dam is a glover donor by the name of buttercup. If i am not mistakened She is an alias out of a heatseeker cow.

I've seen Buttercup and she's something else ! :eek:

DLD

shortdawg said:
dmo102 said:
Bojo's dam is a glover donor by the name of buttercup. If i am not mistakened She is an alias out of a heatseeker cow.

I've seen Buttercup and she's something else ! :eek:

She is indeed. As good as you could build one, imho.  And that means a whole lot to me in using a bull.  I've seen Bojo several times from when he was a baby 'til after he was weaned, as well as at Denver, and this one's the real deal.  I've never seen him once that I wasn't very impressed and I like him better everytime I see him.

Telos

Been looking through the bulls. Can't find Bojo. The Malibu bull is an Alias x Heat Seeker bred bull and he caught my eye in the videos. Thought he had some steer producing potential.

From strictly a show steer perspective. there appears to be some good in crossing Alias and Heatseeker genetics. Just was wondering your thoughts.

TJ

Throttle said:
OH Breeder said:

I thought he looked nice in the video as well. He is a May though and it appears to show, he looks kinda like a baby compared to some of the others, but so does Ivy League to me. I know his dam pretty well and she matured late (green as grass as a calf). I'm not the Shorty guru that many of you guys are. Could a guy consider a Grey Goose x Sonny/ Doublestuff with a 65 lbs birthweight a heifer bull? If so, I think this one would be worth serious consideration. Appears built pretty good.

That video really caught my attention as well & then I saw the 65 lb. BW & well...  ;)  With that said, I'm also wondering if that BW isn't a fluke.  I'm not a Shorty guru either, but CF Solution, Sonny & Double Stuff don't typically sire 65 lb. calves do they?   I personally wouldn't want to chance using him on heifers, but I might consider using him on older stuff just to try him.  I think he might be a good foundation to use in conjunction with some other more consistent lower birth weight genetics to make a "heifer bull".   What initially caught my eye was his wider based stance & smaller stature, but that should come as no surprise.   

DLD

Telos said:
Been looking through the bulls. Can't find Bojo. The Malibu bull is an Alias x Heat Seeker bred bull and he caught my eye in the videos. Thought he had some steer producing potential.

From strictly a show steer perspective. there appears to be some good in crossing Alias and Heatseeker genetics. Just was wondering your thoughts.

Telos, Bojo is being promoted by the group that chose not to have their bulls video'ed.  I didn't see him move at Denver, but always before I thought he moved well.

I liked Malibu alot, too. 

Steer Boy 101

Where do you get the vidieo of Wominizer?? i typed it in on youtube and all i got was the annoying song by brittney the baldie spears

j3cattleco

cattle.com has the videos.  You can click on videos at the top of the screen then select 09 denver videos and you can watch them all there.

CAB

I guess the only thing that I thought about when you look @ Bojo's pedigree was kinda the same old thing, WMW x HS with a small shot of out-cross Char left in there, so my gut tells me to use the prooven bulls. JMO.

jbw

I love to see everyone get all geared up on the newbies waiting for the next heatseeker, heatwave,wmw etc., I was glad to see that you went back and looked at point taken, and some of the great ones from last year and year before. I am waiting to see calves by point taken, and crimson tide, and even my turns[ heard allot about them], but it usually takes a few years to get them sorted and how to use them.  Tried an Angus bull one year, the year after he came out, my semen distributor tried talking me out of using him,said he was average at best, that was some little bull called ext. Same guy said same thing about Morgans direction.  The only newbies that I am going to sample this year is Hooks Star power and Wade Rodgers' 'Walks Alone',Otherwise I can't wait to see the calves out of all the forgotten bulls of years gone by, like last year and the year before!

DLD

CAB said:
  I guess the only thing that I thought about when you look @ Bojo's pedigree was kinda the same old thing, WMW x HS with a small shot of out-cross Char left in there, so my gut tells me to use the prooven bulls. JMO.

With Ali semen next to impossible to find, I think he's one of the better Ali sons being offered. Yeah, his mom maybe bred pretty common, but if you'd seen her I think you'd consider her pretty uncommon.  But, that's jmo, too...