Favorite Holiday food or meal

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

cowz said:
My mother in law used to make Pierogies, a polish dumpling with potatoes or cottage cheese in then in a cream sauce.  Add a couple of kielbasa and you have an instant coronary!

When we lived in the SW, everyone has posole soup and tamales for Christmas Eve.  Yum!

my sister in law tries to get me to try posole EVERY STINKING YEAR.  to me, tastes like fat and chili sauce.  now the tamales are great.  a burrito house out here makes beef cheek (head meat cabeza) burrito's.  they are the absolute bomb.  gotta learn how to do that and not waste the head or disgust my wife with that.

cowz

I make a green posole....like a watered down version of green chile.  Has green chilis, hominy, shredded pork, corn, potatoes....a real carb fest. 

pigguy

pumpkin bread and pie, jello rolls, and peffernusse's(those things are awsome)

OH Breeder

red said:
I love German Chocolate cake! I have a great reciepe for a version on it.
You all are making me hungry orin the mood to start baking!

Red

Red if you like German Chocolate cake, YOU WOULD LOVE German Chocolate Cheesecake.  :p

My mom makes cranberry glazed pork tender loin and then slices it ...uhm

Cream Pie.....

This past Thanksgiving, I took a stab at Emeril's New York Styled Cheesecake. I used Fresh Strawberries, Red Raspberries and Blueberries with a strawberry glaze. It lasted about 5 minutes. 7 eggs and two pounds of cream cheese. It was GOOD! ;D

doubled

We usually do something special, like prime rib, lobster, or steaks
I make this really good cream cheese, jalapeno dip for crackers
Spicy chicken gizzards
Mostly just being with family is the best

rmbcows

justamom.... would you mind sharing your recipe for spicy gizzards?  I love gizzards, but I guess I've never thought outside the box when cooking them.  Now I'm thinking sweet and sour gizzards, teriyaki gizzards, lemon pepper gizzards.....  move over buffalo wild wings!  :)

DLD

A couple of times a year is enough, but I've always loved the traditional holiday dinner of turkey and dressing and giblet gravy and all that stuff. Now we mostly do the holidays with my wife's family, and her dad won't eat poultry of any kind. As much as I've gotta admire that  ;) , it seems to mean we usually end up having ham - which is okay, but I'm lobbying for roast beef this Christmas. We'll probably do a turkey at our house somewhere around then, too. The best part may be the enchiladas and King Ranch casserole made with the leftover turkey.

Latest posts