Favorite OCC Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Thomas

Just checkin to see what are the most popular Ohlde bulls of today. Any young guns that we think will be the next great cow maker or still some of the older 6807 sons?

bryan6807

I really like Missing link. he has been the most consistent bull I have used, also really like prototype and if you can get Legend he works well too.

Thomas

How about Rear End... they seem to be really high on him. Has anyone seen any calves out of him?

KYsteer

I think that they have a many bulls that will do some good things depending on what you are looking for.  If you are looking for clubby momma's I would look to Missing Link, or a personal favorite for this is Jet Stream.  I think that Jet Stream does everything that Legend will do except with more growth.  If you are looking for commercial or breeding stock type cattle then I would highly recommend Paxton. They are thick, shed off in the summer, and have great udders.  I have a few Rearend's and like them, but see him as producing the Paxton type of cattle instead of the hairy, squarer made cattle like the first two bulls mentioned. 

Ausley Family Farms

Homer is great on heifers. Have some really good calves out of him and our clubby type heifers. We have used Anchor for years,and love the type of cows that he makes. Super stout and great milkers. We are breeding a lot of our anchor females to climax this year. Expecting great results.

trevorgreycattleco

My partner owed paxton for two years til tim bought him back. several Paxton daghters here are great. no 6807 in Paxton. His dam was flushed by Limestone and produced there lot one bull in Select sires....Limestone Made right. Paxton is still breeding at OCC today. highly proven. Some say he makes em to big but I dont see that with them at my place. Our shorthorn bull RS DV 034 329 08 bred a couple Paxton daughtes and the rest were bred to a shoshone bred bull. looking forward to those calves for sure.

Thomas

Those 329 Calves out of Paxton daughters could work really, really well...I'm starting to wonder if I should just ask which ones not to use... I have a feeling it almost doesnt matter as there are so many good ones out there in Palmer, KS.  I would say that is the result of an incredible linebreeding program providing consistancy. 

JB Cattle Company

I've been really impressed with the Paxton daughters that I've gotten this year and in the past, also the Rear End cattle have been extremely impressive but both bulls show a lot of upside and I believe if anyone is considering using these bulls do it and you can only be impressed and excited with what you get.

Bulldaddy

Legend and Emplazon have worked well in my program, mostly on larger framed purebred simmental cows and heifers.  Also, used Missing LInk with some success since Legend semen can't be found.

Lucky_P

May not be an issue for folks breeding for club calves, but Prototype is confirmed as a carrier of the Double Muscling trait.