Favorite Show Feeds?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohioteerchick

I've decided I'm going to try a new feed this year, and need some ideas on what to feed.
What's your favorites, or the best in your opinions?

J

JTM

Rowe Jackpot from Rowe Nutrition will perform as good as any show feed for a lower price. They have other feeds to customize depending on your needs for your calf. www.rowenutrition.com

PolzinEmbryo

We use ShowDay Show Feeds a product of Form-A-Feed Inc, Stewart, MN. The Supreme Champion Female at MN Beef Expo also was on this feed as well 3 Division Champions from O'Sullivans.

wonderchic

We have used Umbarger in the past with great success...I have developed a custom mix that is almost identical and it works great too.  We are trying a different route this year with my nephew new heifer. The Rowe Show Feed as mentioned above by someone else. The heifer was already eating it when we got her so she just goes crazy for it. It has added corn oil in the mix and I think that is a big plus. I will warn you with the Rowe that our steer took probably 10 days to really get onto eating it-but not he dives right in too. And they are really looking great. I think this Rowe might be the underdog of show feeds at the moment. And for the most part, it is cheaper. About $3-4 cheaper than Umbarger the last time we bought some. Look it up it is something to consider:)

J

JTM

wonderchic said:
We have used Umbarger in the past with great success...I have developed a custom mix that is almost identical and it works great too.  We are trying a different route this year with my nephew new heifer. The Rowe Show Feed as mentioned above by someone else. The heifer was already eating it when we got her so she just goes crazy for it. It has added corn oil in the mix and I think that is a big plus. I will warn you with the Rowe that our steer took probably 10 days to really get onto eating it-but not he dives right in too. And they are really looking great. I think this Rowe might be the underdog of show feeds at the moment. And for the most part, it is cheaper. About $3-4 cheaper than Umbarger the last time we bought some. Look it up it is something to consider:)
Rowe also sells a probiotic product called Enhance. I would suggest using this whenever switching a calf from one feed to the other. Also, when weaning calves or you have sick calves recovering or off feed. You can also use it to push a calf and get the to have a better appetite. Wonderchic, I think you will be pleased with the results.

mlcattle

we feed honor show chow and always use vita ferms sure champs, have fed umbarger.

MPGRAIN

I use Acco Showmaster, its pricey, but seems to have a great result. Calves start easy on it as well, with no noticeable digestion issues.