Favorite Trailer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which brand/style of trailer do you have?

• Featherlite

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Barrett

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Eby

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Wilson

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Corn Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aluminum

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Steel

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

shortyjock89

Which trailer do you guys use? And do you have an Aluminum or a Steel?  We have a 22' x 7.5' Eby Aluminum.  We love it, we have tie rails inside and out, and lights all over the place.  We just got it this year and before that we had a 6 x 20 Steel Corn Pro.  We had it for 6 years and it worked pretty good.  Just seein what you guys like/have.

Jill

We have an old 4 Star aluminum trailer that has been pretty good to us for what we paid for it.  For a new one I like the Elite trailers, when I win the lottery ;)

DLD

We've got a 6'8" x 20' Circle D. I'm not saying it pulls like an aluminum, but everyone that's used to aluminum's that ever pulls is always impressed with how well it pulls. I've been seriously considering trading up to a 24' just like it, but it's still in very good condition (4 years old), and I think I'm going to wait a bit and see if I can talk myself into trading for an aluminum next time.

Show Dad

SJ89 - We have a 7.5' x 24 Elite trailer. Not many show options since this trailer has to work every day here at the ranch. Though I did add tie loops all around to help for shows.

AAOK

I have a 1992 Sooner 20' X 7', made by the original Sooner trailers.  Mine is a plain Jane, one side door, center gate.  I put mats in years ago, and added both inside and outside tie rails, and two outside grooming chute racks.  The pre-1995 Sooners are some of the best constructed alluminum trailers in existance.  Sometimes I forget it's even back behind.

The poor old thing has only been used 2 -3 times a year, running to the Vet, since we stopped showing.  Now that I've sold my cows, I guess the trailer will probably be the next to go.  Anybody know how to place a value on a 15 year old trailer?

shortyjock89

AAOK said:

I have a 1992 Sooner 20' X 7', made by the original Sooner trailers.  Mine is a plain Jane, one side door, center gate.  I put mats in years ago, and added both inside and outside tie rails, and two outside grooming chute racks.  The pre-1995 Sooners are some of the best constructed alluminum trailers in existance.  Sometimes I forget it's even back behind.

The poor old thing has only been used 2 -3 times a year, running to the Vet, since we stopped showing.  Now that I've sold my cows, I guess the trailer will probably be the next to go.  Anybody know how to place a value on a 15 year old trailer?

Yup, I sure do..take what you paid for it originally and tack on another thousand or two.

dori36

shortyjock89 said:
Which trailer do you guys use? And do you have an Aluminum or a Steel?  We have a 22' x 7.5' Eby Aluminum.  We love it, we have tie rails inside and out, and lights all over the place.  We just got it this year and before that we had a 6 x 20 Steel Corn Pro.  We had it for 6 years and it worked pretty good.  Just seein what you guys like/have.

Hope it's ok if I reply seeing as how I'm not a "guy"!  (lol)  I pull a Jamco, straight stock w/one side door, center slam gate, and rear swing w/a slider built into it.  Best trailer I've ever owned.  Tough as nails.  I got it at a John Deere dealer in Wheatland, WY, a few years ago.  A team roper turned it in on a trade for a bigger one.  It was like new then and still is!

cowz

Elite out of Farrell's in OK City, has the tie bars and loading lights.  After running around in junk for 20 years, it has been a dream come true!

pigguy

my question is do you like barret or elite trailers better? not just for show but for work(we really dont use the full tops for work maybe in the pasture 2 twice a year, all the other time are on the highway, but we are really hard on trucks and trailers)

afhm

I have seen a few Jamco's before.  I liked them, but they were terribly expensive from what I remember. 

Show Dad

maine12 said:
my question is do you like Barrett or elite trailers better? not just for show but for work(we really don't use the full tops for work maybe in the pasture 2 twice a year, all the other time are on the highway, but we are really hard on trucks and trailers)

M12 - When I bought my Elite trailer I looked at the Barrett too. Felt both trailers had their strong points and were equal. The deal that day was on the Elite. Been happy ever since but would have been with the Barrett also.

So many choices........Blessing or curse?

Dale

Our 8 X 20 Barrett is an '81 and it has served us well.  When we did not clean it out and it had bedding left in it, we had some places in the floor that had to be patched.  Aluminum needs welded up a little on back corners once in a while--original welds cracked in craters.

Corn Pro factory is in my county and they have an extremely impressive factory.  If you have big loads on rough roads, steel holds up better.

red

We have an Eby that is made for a bumper hitch. But we have the heavier frame. The farm also has an Eby but theirs is a gooseneck. Both are aluminum.

Red