feed box from sullivans

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

does anyone have their aluminum custom feed mixing box set (bottom of pg 29)?  really like the looks of it, thinking about getting one, but just wondering if it is worth $1000 (bottom included), and does it come with wheels?  how much feed will it hold? 

Turkey Creek Ranch

I have never seen one of these in person before...what does the inside of the mixing box look like? Does it just have a V bottom and you mix it by hand or what?
:)))

kanshow

I saw that & wondered the same thing.  I'd like to figure out a better way of doing feed at shows. 

KCK

It is a nice setup, without wheels. Can get pretty heavy when you start packing the bottom with supplies, supplements, soap, etc. Only one side is at an angle, which is the side you would mix from. Set it whichever way you want, for lefties or righties. Easy to mix with and scoop out of with that angle. I do know it costs a ton and you can do the same thing with a fiberglass one from the feed store if need be. Or just buy the top and set it up on some hay or some other tall thing. Then save up for the bottom!

PS- It does have places for locks on it to lock feed pans and water buckets up in it at night.

KCK

We could get about two bags with whatever mineral/additives. It was hard to mix then, but 50 pounds is alot in any box! It can hold plenty, trust me. The crew I was on would haul around 25-30 head and it worked great.