Feed help.!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Corriedalesrock

I have a steer that has 28 days until county fair and he needs to get FAT. It will probably take two months to get him to the perfect weight, but I don't have that amount of time..he is on Honor show chow Finishing Touch and Depth Charge. He gets NO HAY. What should I feed him to get him as big as possible ASAP? Thanks!

AAOK

STABILIZED RICE BRAN!  Meal is more effective than pellets. Best brand is Healthy Glo by ADM. Start with 1 lb per day, & gradually work up to 2 lbs per day. Too much too quickly will cause scouring and set him back.

timmy

You sure need to be feeding a little hay. A 1/2 lb per feeding minimum. His tummy will feel better, plus he will prolly eat a little more feed.  If he hasn't been implanted lately,  give him a mild implant, e.g. aRalgro or a Rev-G.

Corriedalesrock

I can't find any rice bran in the area, but I'm still working on it. Also we havent given him and implant because we can't have them this close to fair time  :(

RyanChandler

Corriedalesrock said:
I can't find any rice bran in the area, but I'm still working on it. Also we havent given him and implant because we can't have them this close to fair time  :(

Your feed store will order it for you. It looks like flour.

simba

Add canola oil to your grain. Start at 1/2 a cup and work your way up to two cups a day. It's cheap and works wonders. If his manure gets runny, reduce it a little. Good luck!

vc

Look for it at feed stores that cater to horse people, the Stabilized Rice Bran is your best option it not only lays down fat, it lays it down nice and smooth.

AAOK

-XBAR- said:
Corriedalesrock said:

Your feed store will order it for you. It looks like flour.

Contact your local Moormans'/ ADM Representative.  Do an internet search of your area if you don't know him/her.  They are all over the place!

firesweepranch

We found it at Tractor Supply Store (TSC). We needed it for a horse that got thin over the winter...