Feed question

Help Support Steer Planet:

tb

I have started feeding circle r feeds from Luther ok does have any options on the feed it looks good cant find a guarantee analysis on it any has any more info I would appreciate more info thanks for reading

flacowman

They can't legally sell feed without a guaranteed analysis so they must have one somewhere.

tb

I have not called the mill yet I just thought somebody might know it I will call the mill next couple of days thanks for the reply

RyanChandler

My experience is that all mills have both good quality and crappy quality feeds. They try to accommodate all.  What is the name of the feed you're talking about?

tb

Its called circle r feeds from luther oklahoma its a show feed they make. I don't know if anybody had any experience with feeding it

Sambosu

I live not too far from the Luther Mill and used to feed their show feed. It seemed as though it didn't have enough power in it, at least for my kids steers. I switched to some need feed made in Harrah at N&R Feed (mill is directly in the center of town and was recently reopened by a family that has been farming since the 40's) and my kids had a very successful year (heifers and steers won 5 shows, won breed and reserve breed champion numerous times, and market steer won his class and made the sale at OYE).  I know their feed has around 225 lbs more corn in their ton of feed and corn is steam rolled.  The feed doesn't have tons of liquid molasses in it because they use both molasses and soybean oil.  I also believe they only use food grade quality grain.  If you would like, I could contact them or talk to them today when I go pick up cedar fibers and get a breakdown on their feed (forgot what it was). Cost isn't bad either, I buy it bulk, large 1000lb, bag and it costs me $235.