Feed question

Help Support Steer Planet:

KSanburg

Reading through some literature from ADM Showtec, they have texturized feed and a cold pellet. Have any of you used the cold pellet, do any of you know which is better? I know opinions are like af$h*)e÷, everyone has one but why aren't other high end feed companies using a pellet? Maybe they are I'm just not familiar with it.

lightnin4

My ADM rep told me they are the same feed. He just mainly sold the textured because show cattle folks wanted to be able to see whats in their feed.  ;)  He said the benefit to the pellet was being able to store it longer.

CAB

You can make almost anything into a pellet therefore making it very easy to use subpart ingredients. JMO

CAB

Theoretically yes but at the same time it is also easier to put things into a pellet that have no value to them what so ever. Not digestible. there's nothing wrong with pelleted feeds but you need to know what is in them just like you would a textured feed. Bovine are in great nutrient using machine naturally.

KSanburg

I know every feed company has pellets of some type depending on the animal you are feeding, like most goat feeds are in a pelleted form, but a lot of goats don't like the pellets. Horses don't seem to care to much, lambs are somewhat finicky about them as well. I didn't know it until a couple years ago but most of the pelleted pig feed is supposed to be fed dry, where as the meal form should be fed wet like a slop.

I have fed pelleted feed to my calves in a precon ration but it not something I feed for extended periods and switch them over to a texturized feed. Being an ADM product I would think it would be a pretty decent product without much of any unnecessary things in it. But if it's as good as ADM claims why don't other feed companies offer their show feeds in a pellet form?