Feeding Melatonin

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

meletion implants = about 1.80 a day
Grow n shine= $1.62 per day
Shag=-1.75 per day

So I guess the choice is yours. I am not sure which is better but I would like to know. How soon before your show should you start feeding the stuff?? I am needing  a heifer to have VERY good hair because we will be taking her to state fair in september. We will have a cooler room that she will be in so I am not sure if I should bother with the top dresses :'(

Jill

I may just be spooky, but I wouldn't jack around with a heifer, nothing replaces hard work and genetics and she isn't a terminal project like a steer.  JMO

BCCC

She has the hair, The rpoblem is she is starting to lose her hair, and we dotn have our cooler built yet, and I dont have a bunch of time to wash her. I have an hour tops to work with her, from now until almost the end of may. and we probally wont have our barn finished until the end of april or so.  She will be breed in the middle of April.

Has any on ever had trouble breeding or calving a heifer that has been on the supplements??

chambero

As a follow-up, I did send an e-mail to Mr. Stierwalt and he did reply today.  I really appreciate him taking a couple of minutes to reply to someone he doesn't know.

Anyway, he did suggest Shag and said that it has a different form of melatonin in it than the liquid form.  He recommended giving it a try.

Latest posts