fertility

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

hmmm

http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/05/study-shows-hitting-on-hot-babes-can-be.html

MEN who spend a mere five minutes trying to attract a beautiful woman can suffer so much stress that it damages their hearts, studies suggest.

And for men trying to get a beautiful stranger they view as out of their league, the risks are even higher - with cortisol levels rising so high that heart attacks and strokes become real possibilities, even if a date does not.

British newspaper The Mail on Sunday reported that the stress suffered by many would-be Romeos can be the equivalent of jumping from a plane.

But for men who get the girl, the stark reality is even worse. The study claimed that long-term relationship stress can cause "chronic" levels of cortisol, leading to - ironically - impotence.

"That can have adverse effects on health as it worsens various disorders, such as myopathy, adult-onset diabetes, hypertension and impotency," the research team said.

aj

I know my freshman year in college I had a similar experience. About 1977....17 years old......sitting in a disco bar in Hays,Kansas. The john Travolta disco movie had come out. I spotted the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had one of those pink fuzzy sweaters on. OMG it was tight fitting and I mean to say there were bumps coming out of that sweater that made my eyes hurt. She had a glow on her face. By this time I had a glow on my face. I walked up to her with my pointy cowboy boots and my Pioneer seedcap on. I politely asked this 21 year old blonde goddess to dance. She was a sorority girl. She said no.....and then started to laugh. It crushed me. The rest is history. Ever since that event I have never been quite right. My problems were more phycological than physical though knabe. Great post.

justintime

knabe said:
hmmm

http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2010/05/study-shows-hitting-on-hot-babes-can-be.html

MEN who spend a mere five minutes trying to attract a beautiful woman can suffer so much stress that it damages their hearts, studies suggest.

And for men trying to get a beautiful stranger they view as out of their league, the risks are even higher - with cortisol levels rising so high that heart attacks and strokes become real possibilities, even if a date does not.

British newspaper The Mail on Sunday reported that the stress suffered by many would-be Romeos can be the equivalent of jumping from a plane.

But for men who get the girl, the stark reality is even worse. The study claimed that long-term relationship stress can cause "chronic" levels of cortisol, leading to - ironically - impotence.

"That can have adverse effects on health as it worsens various disorders, such as myopathy, adult-onset diabetes, hypertension and impotency," the research team said.

I have just been diagnosed to have diabetes with no family history of this disease. I have no kids. Not sure about the hypertension and myopathy. I think I may have just found the cause of my adult-onset diabetes! I feel your pain aj!  When I found out I had diabetes, I just knew that a woman must have caused this somehow...now I know for sure!!!!

carl s.

So ladies, if your husband is healthy and has not heart problems...

GoWyo

So, high maintenance babes that are out of your social and economic league are more than just a PITA, they are downright deadly.

aj

Carl s.....what are you trying to say? You are going to get in TROUBLE.....I'm proud of you. ;D

Jill

Oh, aj, I am so sorry, all along I thought it was just you and now I know there was a woman at the heart of all your problems, at least you didn't blame you dear wife  (clapping)

knabe

justintime said:
I thought men were only supposed to dance when they were single ?

tiger sure did a lot of dancing.  and dancing around after he got found out.

knabe

there is absolutely no chance that lonely women wrote the article to modify men's behavior.

maybe it's the curse of the death of the alpha male the last 20 years.

with bar tabs down, what are these men doing with their time?