FFA!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

american honey

What do you think of FFA, what have you personally learned ect. If it is okay with you I would like to put you replies to this on my blog.  If you would like to see my blog I will post my link here or you can check out my profile! Thanks!

vc

I was in the FFA in the 80's when Ag classes and FFA was about agriculture and not credits, we had 30 kids in FFA in a high school with 2000 students. The town we lived in had about 100,000 pepole in it. (3 High schools) We had 2 AG teachers/FFA advisers, the senior adviser had started the first FFA program in county in the 60's. I played sports and was active in school, but the only pepole I still calls friends were from the FFA, that is 25 years later.
I went to my Ag teachers grandsons wedding this year, 300 miles from home, sadly I went to that sames Ag teachers funeral the year before, 300 miles from home. More than a 1/3 of the 300 people at the funeral were his old Ag students and their families some drove over a 1200 miles to be there. The other Ag teacher (now retired) still shows up at the fair every year to support our kids, He lives 2 states away. Now these men may have just been unique, but if more Ag teachers where like them, teachers like in the other post would think twice before they berated one of the FFA members and called Ag or something involved with Ag stupid.

I would say if you let it, FFA and the pepole in it will help shape your life and be a part of you forever.