Fillers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

Just wondering, What does everyone use for fillers in show calves.

We have used cotten seed hulls

Iv herd most people use beat pulp.

The guy we got some steers from said there is a new product called "Belly Full"?

what do you use?

ATOZ

Sunglo has a product called "Full Tank" that is suppose to be similar to beet pulp but expands alot more. I have not had any experience with it but i think i will try it .

pigguy

FULL TANK, 13 bucks a bag, and only have to feed 1/3 as much of it compared to beet pulp.

Jill

Ditto on ATOZ, we currently use beet pulp, we haven't been able to find Full Tank around here, but I have heard it is the way to go.

pigguy

hey jill where are you at? If I had known you were wanting to try some i had 10 bags of it at the KBE :'(

showsteerdlux

Our feed dealer has also recommended the full tank product. I didn't order any since it was near the end of show season and I didn't want to mess them up but it seems to be an excellent product.

cattlejunky

Showmaster has the same thing as Full Tank, but it is called Full & Fresh.  Calves really like it.

AAOK

Turkey Creek Ranch said:
Just wondering, What does everyone use for fillers in show calves.

We have used cotten seed hulls

Iv herd most people use beat pulp.

The guy we got some steers from said there is a new product called "Belly Full"?

what do you use?

Good genetics combined with a complete ration(+mineral pack) containing Cottonseed hulls or Beet pulp will eliminate the need for supplemental feeding.  A consistant feed program trumps experimentation every time.

Jill

We don't put beet pulp in our feed ration, we actually don't feed any of it until we start holding heifers and then we use it as a filler, I don't really recommend it for calves you're wanting to grow, it is a filler product only in my opinion.
We are located about 20 minutes from Kansas City, we checked with a couple of dealers in the area several months ago, but most just carry the pig stuf.  I see Mike Bond is listed as a dealer now, I'll check with him he's not too far.

kanshow

Full Tank is a pretty good product.    We are Sunglo dealers and I can tell you we sell a lot of Full Tank to people who are feeding other big name companies rations.    I've seen it used mostly in hogs and cattle, and to a lesser extent sheep.    Seems like once a person has tried it, they keep coming back to it.      One big thing about it over beet pulp is that the animals will actually eat it right up without any special treatment.