Finally- corn planted!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

We finally have some corn planted! Hubby is spraying w/ his new toy & wheat all top-dressed.
Before we know it we'll be chopping hay. Busy time of the year w/ hubby putting in about 14 hour days. Good time I have woody & cows because I can go a week without seeing another person!
Might have posted these already.

Red

new toy!
also the lift that gets the hubby up into sprayer.

Attachments

• 100_1908.jpg
    100_1908.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 392
  • 100_1947.jpg
    100_1947.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 402

aj

We are just starting corn planting here in western Kansas. WE have a elevation of 3600 feet here.

minimoo38

you are sooo bad.  ;)  ;D  it's going to be a while before we even think about getting started. we just got another inch of rain this morning here in the wonderfully wet state of Iowa.  :mad:  ;)  ;D  :p

red

they said on the radio that MO was in a critical state by being so behind.

Red

SWMO

Got two inches last night in SW Mo and more on the way.  Doesn't look like anyone is going to be in the field for a while.  Was in KC yesterday and although they are not as we are we are they are still plenty wet.  Friends of mine said that the ground temp as of this past weekend was not warm enough :'(  There was water standing on the tops of hills this yesterday before this last round of rain.  Can anyone say short season!

Did anyone read that there are already food riots in some of the third world countries?  Sams is limiting purchases of rice and Costco was limiting purchases of flour and some cooking oils.

doubled

Yep me and minimoo live in the wetlands now, more rain on the way, we have not turned a wheel yet, it is terrible, we need one week of dry weather.

BCCC

You should be glad it rains around there. Here the last time before last week it hadn trained for about 6 months, we have now got a WHOLE 2 inches :mad: