Financial publication?

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I was wondering what the best information source for trying to understand this financial crash might be. It is starting to take on historical importance. Wallstreet Journal?  Some website? TV show on cable(satellite). Thanks in advance.

kanshow

I'd like to know too.    Seems like there is so much media bias that you'll hear/read at least 2 very strong sides to the story. 

knabe

oftwominds.com  is a good place to start.  however, he's pro artificially raising wages.  he has links to people that predicted the housing crisis months to two years ago.

i feel inflation is coming, as we can't print as much money as we did and it not have an effect. probably happen in about 9-12 months.  buy value.

remember the last time this happened, that someone went with a wheel barrel full of cash to buy a loaf of bread and someone stole his wheel barrel, not the money.

people will be steeling stuff, as they already are, ie copper etc.  it's gonna get worse.  whether a world war will happen, i think it will as populations around the world are starting to inflate beyond their capacity to feed themselves.  all one has to do is look at demographics and birth rates to see where the trouble is going to come from.  the most interesting observation i've seen so far, is that the axis powers of WWII have the lowest birth rates, japan, italy, germany.  france isn't too far behind.  they are at about 1.2 kids per couple which means you lose half your population every generation.  contrast that with most muslim communities which have birth rate of 4.7 and above.  america is 2.1.  mexico is way above that.  i think america is around 50th, with most of the top 10 muslim.  that should be enough forecasting to see where constitutions are going to change.  it's already happening in europe, and one won't even need a gun to kill them off, they will and ARE doing it to themselves.  it's funny, when i was in 7th grade, i figured this out with busing of illegals.  the illegals brought knive fights and guns in 7th grade to school, and this was in the early 70's.  it's only gotten worse, as entire cities have driven "native" american populations out.  the city of Gilroy where my mother lives is essentially a city of old white people in their 60's and beyond, with the rest, largely mexican.  many towns around me are the same, even some with little aged population, like watsonville.  all the whites moved to cities like santa cruz, aptos etc, and now the hippies run the asyllum.

russia is also an interesting demographic puzzle.  i bet you they will sell some of their land to china, as russia has less than 200,000,000 people and china has a billion.  simple chemistry will tell you the border won't last.

kanshow

Yep..  Fox is about all we watch anymore.  The other side just makes me sick.

JSchroeder

The problem with FoxNews in this is they are more political than business oriented and care more about who to blame than what caused it and how to make plans going forward.

oakbar

Watch Fox News for a couple of days.  Then switch over to MSNBC and you'll see how "balanced" Fox really is by comparison.  FOX  may not be perfect, but at least they give both sides---that's a lot more than the other networks do!!   

I think Keith Olberman and Chris Mathews must be suffering from "rectalopthalitis" albeit with "Liberal tinted rose colored" glasses.

Because some of you will be asking-----Rectalopthalitis---when the nerves controlling your vision become connected to the nerves controlling your rectum.  Net effect is that you get a really crappy view of the world in general!!                     

JSchroeder

The original poster is asking about the financial crisis.  Fox and MSNBC are political channels that play the "who can we blame" game all day long.

CNBC is not MSNBC

oakbar

Yeah, guess we did kind of hijack the thread.  However, CNBC and MSNBC are still pretty close in their opinions.

I did hear a really good synopsis of the situation--happened to be on FOX-- by Steve Forbes the other day.    Might want to check out some of his articles.

red

JSchroeder said:
The original poster is asking about the financial crisis.  Fox and MSNBC are political channels that play the "who can we blame" game all day long.

CNBC is not MSNBC

Jeff- it wouldn't be Steer Planet without someone hijacking posts!

Red  (lol)

JSchroeder

However, CNBC and MSNBC are still pretty close in their opinions

With all due respect, I must politely say that you could not be more wrong.  I can't take any more than 5 minutes of MSNBC but I watch CNBC 4-8 hours a day.  The only similarity between the two networks is their ownership.

oakbar

Now, Now, no need to get testy!!  I probably shouldn't respond but what the heck, its Friday!!

You watch whatever trips your trigger and I'll do the same and we'll both get along just fine.  Oh, by the way,  I won't pretend to know just how wrong either of us can be!!

I'm sure there's people out there that probably know more than both of us combined--and people who are more wrong than either of us.  Hopefully we'll both recognize them when they speak to us.    JMVHO

rex

We got the WSJ in our library, teacher is trying to make us read it atleast once a week

OH Breeder

If you want to keep  track of the world markets Bloomberg is a great site. Keeps you updated on the latest and greatest.

JSchroeder

oakbar, there's no need to go that route.  Do you have any examples of how they are "pretty close in their opinions"?  I really have no clue what opinion expressed on CNBC could even remotely lead you to make that statement.

They're not "pretty close" on anything but their names.  That's not being testy, it's just the plain old truth. 

aj

I have heard that in the 50's the media(mainly papers were right of center biased). Now there is no question they are left of center. I know most media quit taking questionaires of there employee's cause 80% of them were Democrats and it got to be embarassing for them. \It will probably swing back the other way eventually. Back to financial decisions there is so much volitility in everything from fuel prices to corn prices to fertililizer to interest rates it seems like one wrong move could break you and say buying up fuel if it goes down might be smart(bulk). I am assuming that corn prices will goe back up if the dow stabilizes Everything crashed and I don't understand it. ???

Dale

www.wsj.com (Wall Street Journal) is way better than reading CNN's spin.  As the old saw goes, consider the source. 

Are we actually in uncharted territory?  With world governments involved, will this bear market last as long as previous one (66-82)?  Pray for our country and global leaders as well.