FINDING A SHOW STEER, CA?

Help Support Steer Planet:

brenn

Hey there, this will be my last year showing a steer at my county fair. Since it’s my last year, I want to go out with a bang. I’m located in northern California and would like to find a great quality steer. I’m not afraid to spend some $ on a steer.  The problem is I’m not sure where to go to find one. My fair is the third week of June, so I usually get my steer around September/October. If anyone knows of any jocks or dealers, breeders whoever, any information would be helpful. Thank you!!

rocknmranch

There are a couple of sales coming up. One is in Orland area, around October, lots of nice steers.  I may have a couple to consign there too, not sure yet.

There are more contacts out of state. Some super producers. I will check on info and get numbers for you.

chiangus

Come to iowa, got so many good show steers you can shake a stick at them.

Ms Ray

There are a bunch of sales in October you might have to drive a little.  They should start advertising in pacfic showcase pretty soon

vc

Colburn Cattle Co. in Visalia, their sale is usually in late October or first part of November. Last year they had around 60 head to sell, calves for all price ranges. We had the 4-H champion the last 2 years for our county fair with steers from them, our fair has about 80 head in it. Around half the calves coming off the ranch and the other half shipped in from several places back east.

You could also look at Rodgers Livestock or Boneso's

http://www.colburncattle.com/
http://www.rodgerslivestock.com/
http://bonesolivestock.com/forsale.html

petejc72

The Jackson County Club Calf Sale in Medford OR always has some real good calves.

rocknmranch

What are you looking for? Specific color? Markings? Breeding? That can lead us to a better direction.

rocknmranch

We produced the CH FFA market steer last year at the Lake County Fair.      He was a purebred Angus calf, judged by LaFrankie.  We have 3 calves going this year, and are looking really good. Next years calves look real promising.  We have about 40 calves to chose from, Angus, Simmental, Herford, Maine and  Charolais crosses.  You are not to far from us, maybe 2hrs.  If anyone is interested, message me. We are kind of like the underdog here in CA, just because our kids aren't old enough to show yet, but our genetics are comparable to some top breeders.

ratherbshowing

There is a new club calf sale in Yreka, Ca. this year on October 8.  Got some great consignors so far that have had many champions. The website is Runwithclass.com. More pictures to be added.