FIREWATER VS. SHOW SHAKE

Help Support Steer Planet:

4Ts4H

Question:

Has anyone used either and/or both of these products and can/will you make a case for one or the other.

It appears to me that show shake would be much less expensive over the long haul with significantly less waste.  But, does it work as well?

Or, is there another better product anyone has tried?

ShowStopper

Both of these products have electrolytes that help keep the animal feeling fresh for show.

I have used the firewater before, didn't like it. The cattle didn't seem to like it. I have never used the show shake but have heard good things about it. I use Refresh and really like the results of it. It also has 'crave it' in it that keeps them eating.

ShowStopper

renegade said:
So, does the refresh actually make the muscles look bigger? Do you have a b4 and after picture?

I wouldn't say that it makes their muscles look bigger. It just keeps them hydrated. Like, have you ever gone to a three four day show where your cattle won't drink? Since the Refresh has elecrtolytes in it, it helps the muscles retain water keeping them 'fresh' to the touch. I also put it in the water if they will not drink because it is a familiar taste.

showgirl

i've used it b4!
I would use refresh again!
yes it makes the muscles more defined, i had a shorty and it added muscle to the lower 1/3 of his rear!
I think that i could be used for a week longer than what it says on the package, just my opinion.
It really kept my calves eating good and i like the results!

renegade said:
So, does the refresh actually make the muscles look bigger? Do you have a b4 and after picture?

showgirl

ya i was really impressed with it!
I used it on 2 calves, maine angus and my shorthorn
For the maine i just used it b/c i was trying to gain weight and that was the only way he'd eat
For the shorthorn I was just exploreing things to add more muscle threw the lower 1/3 and he finshed out AWESOME> hes in our freezer (sale price was crap)
I didnt notice any adverse effects, both my calves were real mellow calves.
I never layed them off I only used it right before my final show, as a last resort of muscle
I mean he was 1250lbs and everyone thought he was 1300 +  steer

renegade said:
wow that sounds pretty amazing. are there any adverse effects? what happens after you lay them off?

showgirl

ya it really gets them eating, they really do get heavier but proble not as heavy as they look.
As i said b4 if i need a lil more muscle like i needed on my shorthorn I wish i would have had him on it atleast another week or two
and then i dont think the calf that beat him could have beat him. If i get another calf that is light muscled i will deff. use it again!

renegade said:
Do they weigh more after it has taken effect or is it the same weight and it just looks heavier

showgirl

pm with ur e-mail and i'll see if i have any pictures of the calf b4 an after.

renegade said:
It sounds pretty amazing. im gonna order some and try it. Im gonna take b4 and after pics! I cant wait to try it

4Ts4H

(clapping)Thanks everybody.  I guess I should have gotten the Refresh instead of the Show Shake - or maybe I just need to make another order! :-\