First AI Success!

Help Support Steer Planet:

beefy08

The first cow I ever got bred AI calved on Sunday. Unfortunatly, it wasn't a beef animal. It was a holstein at the dairy I worked at. Still made me pretty happy to see that. If anyone wants me to post a pic I will. The calf is a little heifer. My boss woke me up on sunday morning with the text message, "Congrats, it looks just like you." What were some of your first AI successes?

KMJCC

That is great.  I am taking an A.I. class in a few weeks so hopefully by this time next year I can say the same thing.  Though my wife doesn't seem to have much confidence in my abilities.  Any pointers?

beefy08

I was told to train my non-dominant hand to reach for the cervix. It's not bad once you get the hang of it. Good luck to ya! ;D

CAB

(clapping), Congrats Beefy. I remember my 1st one. She was a 1st calf heifer #009. She was sired by the SM bull G-Man. RWF, but I can't remember what I bred her to. <beer>

Hilltop

Congrats! I bet you were just pumped when you got the call! My first AI born was a set of Stonlea Winchester twin heifer calves.My wife named them Roxy and Susy!

beefy08

This is the little heifer.

Attachments

• barnyard stuff 003.jpg
    barnyard stuff 003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 211