First calf a miracle

Help Support Steer Planet:

beefy08

My first calf ever was born yesterday. His dam is a Sin City x Draftpick cow. The bull calf is very lucky to be alive. He was born backwards and upside down and weighed about 100 lbs. I have to give credit to Bill Nichols because he came out with his chains and jack and got the little guy out. I'l get pics of him up later.

coachmac

shhew.  Congrats!  First few days keep an eye on him!  He sounds like he could be a nice one! 

russfarm

We had one like that a couple of weeks ago and both mom and calf died.  Wasn't that big, but his legs were deformed from laying in his momma wrong.  He was pretty too, black with white spots all over.  His mom was AI'd to Who Made Who. Makes me sick  :'(

forbes family farms

We had a real miracle on March 30 2010, my dad's friend stoped by because my dad was not home at the time, and he said we had a cow having a calf and the feet were 4 inches around (no kidding) the mom was big as a barn no wonder, my dad came home and his friend helped pull the calf it was an easy pull mamma cow had a140 pound steer calf which is going to be one heck of a show calf. Thick, long, sound, deep bodied and tons of  O0 can't wait to show him in two months