FITZ POL BOXCAR S208

Help Support Steer Planet:

leanbeef

I know OF him...

I think he's a GW Lucky Dice son that apparently looked pretty good in the Carcass Merit Program. I think some sons have done pretty well in the Iowa Beef Expo.

I like the looks of the bull. I would almost guarantee you he will make some spotted ones, so I'd be careful what I used him on if I didn't want spots & stripes. I don't KNOW that about him, but with him being a Lucky Dice and the amount of white he has on his belly, I would bet what he's worth he'll be a spot carrier.

WKYIronMike

Yeah, leanbeef is correct. I've seen some pretty nice sons in the Iowa Beef Expo Catalogs. The white color doesn't bother me, as long as it's on the underline or the head. Don't care much for white on legs and feet, especially on the back two. Myself haven't ever had much of a problem with Lucky Dice but my cows are pretty much solid black or red, therefore I can see how some of the baldy pedigrees could throw a lttle excessive white.

MOCattle

Is the only place to get semen thru the owners? hopefully it isnt super high

leanbeef

MOCattle said:
Is the only place to get semen thru the owners? hopefully it isnt super high

I've never seen the bull advertised through a stud anywhere, so I would start with the breeders/owners. I googled the bull's name, and Fitzsimmons do have a website address at http://fitzsimmonssimmental.com/bulls.html

I think he'd be a neat bull to use on Angus cows to make F1s if you don't care about the spot gene. You wouldn't get any spotted calves, but you WILL get some spot gene carriers, and you may have to be a little selective about what you would breed any daughters to when the time comes to breed the daughters that go into the replacement pen.