FL. State Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

fluffer

Hey guys, I am actually from Ohio, but was in Florida last week for vacation.  My husband and I took a swing through the FL state fair.  I was quite impressed.  Although the show ring and makeup ring styles are a bit different then what we are used to here in OH the cattle were not as extream as I was expecting.  We were there for the Simmi Jr show and I guess the AOB bull show.

Was wondering though, do you all rotate breeds?  Didn't see many steers.  Although you can't walk don't the aisles, so I may have overlooked them.  Would love to see some pictures of winners from your fair if anyone from down there has some.

Thanks
Fluffer

jlcattle

Yes we rotate breeds and we have open and youth shows.  The day you are speaking of (I believe) was Tuesday the 12th and that was our youth showmanship, simmental, limousin and aob shows.  The steers were weighed in that morning also.  There are a few websites for you to look at pictures. Waddellphoto.com and sheilatphotography.com.  The later one was there on the 12th taking photos. 

Laura