FLUSH opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

Richland Farms

So I have 2 cows that I am going to Flush in the next few months and have been throwing around some options but would like to hear some other opinions.

The first cow is a Fear This x Heat Seeker all her calves are the first to sell and are hairy and have "the look" but I would like to see some more frame size on them.

The second cow is a Bleeding Purple x Hammer. She has clicked well with Shiver 3 times but every calf has been completley different styles (but still good)

Just would like to hear everyones opinions and throw around some options :)

wyatt

fear this -- id say eye candy or alias
bleedin purple-- maybe try suh or i-80
hard to say without pics tho

showsteerdlux

wyatt said:
Eye candy sure won't add frame, and Alias on a Fear This is asking for a train wreck on structure. I'd say Monopoly for a guess without a picture.

Bleeding Purple I'd go back with Monopoly or a Bojo type deal. Suh isn't proven yet, and thats not something you see him being used on very often, and unless she is a former market heifer with a good bit of frame, I can't say I 80 would be the best of ideas.

wyatt

showsteernc said:
wyatt said:
Eye candy sure won't add frame, and Alias on a Fear This is asking for a train wreck on structure. I'd say Monopoly for a guess without a picture.

Bleeding Purple I'd go back with Monopoly or a Bojo type deal. Suh isn't proven yet, and thats not something you see him being used on very often, and unless she is a former market heifer with a good bit of frame, I can't say I 80 would be the best of ideas.

i havent seen any bad structured calves out of alias yet...  and eye candy your probly right i didnt see the add frame part... monopoly X bleedin purple would be line bred heat wave, i thought suh would be a cool cross up, and your right not many pepole have done it but that doesnt mean it wont work

showsteerdlux

wyatt said:
showsteernc said:
wyatt said:

i havent seen any bad structured calves out of alias yet...  and eye candy your probly right i didnt see the add frame part... monopoly X bleedin purple would be line bred heat wave, i thought suh would be a cool cross up, and your right not many pepole have done it but that doesnt mean it wont work

How many good structured ones have you found? Sure is harder to find a good structured one than it is a bad one on those Alias Maine type deals. Straight off of all ends and crippled suckers are pretty much the norm if you aren't careful with those genetics. As far as line breeding Heat Wave, welcome to show calf breeding 101. Your dealing with a granddaughter to a son. Not to bad at all.

And lastly, I haven't brought this up in awhile, but work on the spelling/grammar if you are going to post on here.

furinsilex

showsteernc said:
wyatt said:
showsteernc said:
wyatt said:

How many good structured ones have you found? Sure is harder to find a good structured one than it is a bad one on those Alias Maine type deals. Straight off of all ends and crippled suckers are pretty much the norm if you aren't careful with those genetics. As far as line breeding Heat Wave, welcome to show calf breeding 101. Your dealing with a granddaughter to a son. Not to bad at all.

And lastly, I haven't brought this up in awhile, but work on the spelling/grammar if you are going to post on here.
I know lots of people have had trouble with alias and cripples, but we never have.  He works well for us even on maine influenced cows.  That being said i would say our cowheard is very sound and is something we stress on replacements. 
Secondly i agree with the spelling comment, yet lets take it easy.

wyatt

[/quote]

[/quote]

i have seen 10 good alias calves out of 12 that i have seen. one was at msu in the spring and stretched past her front feet. and they dont make bad cows bojos mother was and alias. and my alias has a good calf right now.

and im almost positive every time you reply to one of my posts you are saying something negative about it or are commenting on my spelling sorry if i dont take the time to type correctly