Flush options on heatseeker cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

nck21

We are going to flush this TH and PHA free Heatseeker cow in the spring. I want to flush her twice, once to a maternal bull for replacements and the other time to a clubby bull. For the maternal flush I want a bull with some angus to improve milking ability. I was thinking 3D or Bodybuilder. My Turn worked well on her this year but I was thinking Monopoly or maybe Bodacious for the clubby flush. 

Attachments

• heatseeker.jpg
    heatseeker.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 554

dimebag

simmyman67 said:
Definitely Monopoly for the clubby flush.
  Monopoly is a Heatwave , Heatwave is a Heatseeker ! The cow is a Heatseeker !

kfacres

DBL J1 said:
simmyman67 said:
wow you know your pedigrees...

what's wrong with that?  according to me knowledge, that would be a daughter bred back to a grandson... which from my experience is one of the sure fire most hit linebreeding schemes known to mankind. 

I've done plenty more, crazier linebreeding situation, ok, some will say inbreeding...

nck21

I was also thinking Eye Candy for the clubby flush. As far as the linebreeding goes, I don't think it's a problem.

OH Breeder

For years people have used Heat Seeker on WMW's. That works. You might want to take a look at  Simple  Math. Grizzly would work either way clubby or replacement. Amen is gaining some ground. Irish Whiskey genetics also seem to make a mark with your type of cow. You could use him since its a flush and semen is expensive or you could try a son. I personally have had good luck with Gizmo on Heat Seeker genetics. Just enough shorthorn to give you some of that shorty color with more of clubby look.
Just my opinion.  ;).

dimebag

sheps & shorthorns said:
DBL J1 said:
simmyman67 said:

what's wrong with that?  according to me knowledge, that would be a daughter bred back to a grandson... which from my experience is one of the sure fire most hit linebreeding schemes known to mankind. 

I've done plenty more, crazier linebreeding situation, ok, some will say inbreeding...
Yeah , you know it all @ 23 years old !

kfacres

DBL J1 said:
sheps & shorthorns said:
DBL J1 said:
simmyman67 said:

what's wrong with that?  according to me knowledge, that would be a daughter bred back to a grandson... which from my experience is one of the sure fire most hit linebreeding schemes known to mankind.  

Yeah , you know it all @ 23 years old !

Look here buddy, never met you, likely never will.. don't know who you are.... but I've mated more crazy **** together in the last 5 year, it'd make a geneticist blush... Have the sale high sellers, state fair, and Louisville champions to back it up..

I practice mating the best to the best regardless of pedigree, whether that's a dam to her son, or a father to his daughter, or stacking up a pedigree to have 12 shots of one sire in 5 or 6 generations...  

btw, my b'day was 2 weeks ago, so your dumb a$$ can no longer call me a 23 y.o.

rarebirdz

Sheps You have to fight about everythin  take a chill pill or 2 maybe 3  <chill> <chill>

I was planning on using bsar opportunity 9114 on a few females this year he could be another angus option.  as clubby thoughts somethin like thriller could be cool with that female

simmyman67

Calm down fellas! It doesn't matter that much...we were just asked for SUGGESTIONS on a breeding decision...

knabe

i think she's a decent looking cow, especially her head from her bloodlines.

i actually think it's ok to stack the breeding as the truth indicated because of her type.

breed her to one of doc-sun's fullbloods kuda calves when he's older, especially the more solid colored one.

mark tenenbaum

Well-Im jumping in-In the first place-I bought this cow as an 8 month old hefer from Mark Mueller and owned her 3-4 calves,before NCK. We had a real decent CF Prosperity-but she was also bred to some topnotch maine bulls,and just didnt quite knick-her calf out of Double Stuff was an absolute bust-go figure. Then-NCK bred her to MY Turn-a Heatseeker Son-and produced a really good hiefer-and by far the best this cow ever had. It looks as good as her-and If you ever saw her in person-youd get my drift.So linebreeding Seeker-(Maybe Thriller-or Wave-Tiger Woods claerly will work.Ive said before thatTerminal  Black Bulls Do Not Necessarily Work On Red Gene Cows-she is a prime example.Personally-I think For maternal-Id go EYE CAndyxShorthorn-(Young Money) or Body Builder-thickest calving ease changer Ive ever encountered. I feel that My Turn or Smiling Bob (from how things went so far) would work better on this cow than Monopoly,or a Char Deal like Uncle Cracker,Troubador,Capt Morgan etc.She has worked better with semi terminal-than end of the road deals,the calves are just stouter. The Friction Son (Muellers,not the clubby ) that we bred her and a bunch others to was really an impressive-extremly thick bull-a bust on everything. He was the best looking animal Id seen there-his sire was the thickest ever-HabanaroxFear This (I think) So-in alot of cases-if you find a phenotype that works-dont stray too far from that type. JMO  O0

nck21

Agree with you Mark. My Turn isn't a direct Heatseeker son, I think they figured out his pedigree and hes out of a Hotmail son. Monopoly is a intriguing and probably would work decent but who knows. And you are right about her Double Stuff heifer, she was just not very good at all. It's amazing how much better the My Turn is than she was.

kfacres

DBL J1 said:
Wow , 5 years of breeding cattle !

no 5 years of line breeding the shit out of them,

my lifetime of linebreeding them,

my grandparents lifetime of breeding them and linebreeding them some. 

the group I'm using, have been intact since the '20s, with very little outcross ever injected- considering how long they've been together.

Mueller Show Cattle

I don't have an inline breeding issue, it is used more than people realize. It is kinda hard not to in the clubby world, how much HW genetics are out there with all the clones, not bashing HW cause he does produce winners, can't deny that. I like your Heat Seeker cow, I would think about BOJO, he has been producing some really nice calves. Yes there will be a little inline breeding there with BOJO being out of Ali to an Alias/Heat Seeker cow. Just my two cents.