Followup to Crockpot thread: Anyone need a good recipe for French Dips?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I hesitate starting this thread, Farwest and Dusty are going to hammer me.

We always have extra beef roasts in the freezer,  and Dani(Wife) has me start the crockpot and cook french dips!

Let me know if anyone wants the recipe, it's simple as I CAN DO IT!

RSC

RSC

I know this will sound very simple, but it's a hit.  We cooked it for our sale staff and they loved it.  Posted Below.

This is the email my wife sent me.

"Can you put a roast in the crockpot on low heat for supper.  We will have French Dips.  On  the roast you need to add a package of Italian dressing and Au Jus Mix and both
are in the cupboard where the poptarts are kept!  Also add a can of beef broth and a can of water.  Thanks.  Text me with a message as soon as you do this."

Enjoy!

RSC

shortyjock89

Do we text you, or Dani after we get it all set up?  ;D 

Gonna hafta find which cupboard those pesky poptarts are in.........

RSC

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Do we text you, or Dani after we get it all set up?   ;D 

Gonna hafta find which cupboard those pesky poptarts are in.........
  Thought it was funny in that form.  Don't You have Au Ju by your Poptarts?
(lol)

cowz

What if you have banned Pop Tarts cuz the kids kept getting cavities in their teeth?

Great recipe!  Thanks!  I taught my oldest son to cook over the phone while I was at work.  Now, he is a darn fine cook and makes a mean pot roast and swiss steak!  Heck, one time he even made his Dad a birthday cake!  Thanks, Betty Crocker!

kanshow

The poptarts didn't make it into the cabinet... there is only the empty box in the trash. 

RSC

kanshow said:
The poptarts didn't make it into the cabinet... there is only the empty box in the trash.   
  I had Dani check out this thread!  She didn't mind me sharing the recipe but thought I was a Spook for sharing it with her email!  (lol)

RSC

farwest

Toni, did you feed this to the ALL the sale staff, or did you just provide something cheap like this to the grunt workers and take the press reps out for steaks.  Also, Dani, you're right, he is a spook.

amymeys

I stopped by that sale, who was your staff?  I must have missed something.  Recipe sounds interesting though!

farwest

Evidently you did not stop by over the lunch hour blue when tonee was in his apron and white chef hat dipping frenches. Or frenching dips, I can't remember

red

farwest said:
Evidently you did not stop by over the lunch hour blue when tonee was in his apron and white chef hat dipping frenches. Or frenching dips, I can't remember

Someone w/ a less than a pure mind would have a field day w/ your post!  ;)  (lol) Of course I find nothing to laugh about it.  ;D

Red

RSC

luvmyblue said:
I stopped by that sale, who was your staff?   I must have missed something.  Recipe sounds interesting though!
When I say staff, I meant the consigners and their families.  We served burgers to the guests on Saturday night.  This was Friday!

Thanks,

Tony

amymeys

Well darn, I missed that too!  Was that noted on your flyer?  I hope that farwest character is a friend of yours, is he? 

farwest

Would character be name calling.  I resent that moderaters.  I still can't find the poptarts

RSC

luvmyblue said:
Well darn, I missed that too!   Was that noted on your flyer?   I hope that farwest character is a friend of yours, is he? 
How could you declare a friendship out of his Sarcasim?  (lol)  For a Christmas cookie, I'll reveal his identity! (pop)

Farwest is Obama's brother in law but not the Basketball coach at Oregon State!

RSC