Foot Rot

Help Support Steer Planet:

NBL

What works the best on Foot rot?  I have been using Nuflor, any other suggestions. 

BadgerFan

Not an expert on this aspect of raising cattle, but I just use LA200.  I thought Nuflor was for repiratory stuff.

amcosgra

Nuflor has worked the best for us, we use it for everything and it has taken care of any problem we treat for, especially foot rot.  We had 8 cows and 5 calves have cases of it this year one treatment and a couple days later they were walking pain free.

SouthWest

Foot rot reacts easily to any antibiotic.  A cheap terramycin will work.  A stronger more expensive antibiotic  will also work but a little faster.  On high risk for hoof rot season, Zinpro feed additive works pretty good.

LostFarmer

I like to try sulfa drugs as a first course.  It works well usually.  Nuflor has worked but the Albon is much cheaper.  Get the feet dried out seems to help as well.  LF

gary89

NBL said:
What works the best on Foot rot?  I have been using Nuflor, any other suggestions. 
[/quoteNuflor- is actually labeled and tested for footrot. it works well sometimes takes some time and retreats.]

Latest posts