???? for Computer Experts: Video software?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

My Kodak camera takes videos, what kind of softwart do I need on my computer to process the video and how expensive and difficult is it to get set up to post calf videos to my website?

Thanks,

RSC

farmboy

you can use windows movie maker, just make sure when your done editing and stuff, to save it as a movie file, not a WMM file

RSC

zach said:
you can use windows movie maker, just make sure when your done editing and stuff, to save it as a movie file, not a WMM file

Zach,  I must not be downloading it correctly as Movie Maker will not open my file?

Thanks,

RSC

dori36

RSC said:
My Kodak camera takes videos, what kind of softwart do I need on my computer to process the video and how expensive and difficult is it to get set up to post calf videos to my website?

Thanks,

RSC

First off, what OS are you using?  Mac or Windows?  If it happens to be a Mac, iMovie will do everything you want and is already installed on all current Macs.  BTW, not sure why Zach recommends you don't use Windows Media Viewer (WMV) as even on my Mac, I can view videos with it.

farmboy

dori36 said:
RSC said:

Thanks,

RSC

First off, what OS are you using?  Mac or Windows?  If it happens to be a Mac, iMovie will do everything you want and is already installed on all current Macs.  BTW, not sure why Zach recommends you don't use Windows Media Viewer (WMV) as even on my Mac, I can view videos with it.

Dori, i think i worded it wrong but, i meant MSWMM files. As in you cant upload MSWMM files to youtube. this may be just with my camera, idk, but when you take video with it, and put them on to your computer, it will save the movies as pic files.

farmboy

.... ok , if you use the movie maker deal, you have to go to FILE - IMPORT INTO COLLECTIONS - PICk THE FILE and it takes a couple seconds to upload