Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

doc-sun

outspoken said:
knabe said:
go here.

http://search.shorthorn.org/default.aspx

type in 4127071  for the reg #

maine x shorthorn.  seems like a good mix. add more fullblood maine's for some fun.

HOLY MOLY, i knew i recognized something in there.  FCC MS CANDO 240HW  is the dam of epinal 240c

http://maine-anjou.org/pagedisplay.php?id=351429

jeez mark.. how far back are you, I'm not seeing any maine up close other than Cunia.
the fullblood maine bull petro that is in white jazz's pedigree was raised by calvin fryar out of the cunia x overlock gypsy cow who is the granddam of epinal 240c also raised by calvin fryar.  my dad was one of the partners who imported the overlock maine cattle from england in the 1970's.  we used the overlock grant bull who was a full brother to overlock gypsy.  overlock harvestor was another of the bulls that was at our place for a while before he was sold to a texas breeder.  he was more like today's cattle than all of the fullblood bulls of the era except for red knight and a few of the sct cunia sons.

shortdawg

I've always been told that good bulls come from dams with longevity and his dam was still producing last time I talked to Mr. Plumbtree (she'll be 13 in Oct). White jazz will have the chance out there to get used like he needs to be. I took him out to Dustin's last Oct and he will have many calves on the ground this fall. He is as sound as you can make one, good shouldered, good muscled, good temperment, big testicled, proven easy calver, and a very good breeder. He will work on the same type cows JPJ will work on.  I would love to see him used on larger framed, soggy kind of cattle. I always wanted to use him on some big, stout Maine/Angus cows. I had him here since he was 7 months until last October and he was solid for me. His calves have done well in the show ring and one is out in TX this year and I'm excited about his chances. If anyone has any questions about him feel free to PM me. Before anyone asked why I sold him - I traded him in a deal with Dustin. I've done a lot of business with him over the years and I felt he would give the bull the chance he needed. Best of luck to those who bought into the bull - I think you all will be well pleased.

Latest posts