For Fun: What's your most anticipated Mating for the Spring Calving Season?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

Just for fun,  Which calf matings(Sire/Dam) are you anticipating the most for this Spring Calving season?

For Me it would be:

1. 5-6 Et calves out of Dr. Who X Strictly Business(PB Maine)
2. DCC New Look X OCC Judge
3.4-5  ET calves out of Heatwave X PB Angus
4. 1-2 Et Calves- Carnac X PB CHarolais
5. 2-3 Et Calves  Baldridge Fasttrack(PB Char) X PB Maine Donor

Might be fun to revisit later and see how your most anticipated mating turned out.

Enjoy calving season & keep them BABIES WARM!

RSC

austin

RSC said:
Just for fun,  Which calf matings(Sire/Dam) are you anticipating the most for this Spring Calving season?

For Me it would be:

1. 5-6 Et calves out of Dr. Who X Strictly Business(PB Maine)
2. DCC New Look X OCC Judge
3.4-5  ET calves out of Heatwave X PB Angus
4. 1-2 Et Calves- Carnac X PB CHarolais
5. 2-3 Et Calves  Baldridge Fasttrack(PB Char) X PB Maine Donor

Might be fun to revisit later and see how your most anticipated mating turned out.

Enjoy calving season & keep them BABIES WARM!

RSC

Great topic, RSC. I'm not sure this year. My son has done most of the choosing.

red

Tony, good question, it will be interesting 6 months from now to find out how they turned out!
Mine are
Wild Rose x Cowboy Cut
Habanero cow x Cowboy Cut
Wild Rose daughter out of Warhorse x Habanero ( my last Habanero semen)
Foreplay cow x Cherry Bomb
The one I'm the most nervous about is a PHAC heifer that I bred to what I thought was a PHAF bull. Can't seem to get any results on his test yet & I'm getting a little concerned. We may have the vet out next month & do a little checking. DL has volunteered to assist via the phone.
Red

showcattlegal

I would have to be
1. ET Contender X Pay Off cow(my first ET calves)
2. Habanero X Fulldraft (due today so i hope i don't have to long)
3. Laredo X Pay Off
4. all my goldmember calves
i can't wait for all my calves it's more nerve racking this year with all PHA stuff. But most of my cows are phaf. I wouldn't have used contender this year if i knew he was a carrier when we flushed to him.
Lacey

red

steerseller said:
I like my CherryBomb/Foreplay combo. Anyone have this?

Steerseller- go to the thread "why do  you still like to show?" The red heifer under my post is out of Cherry Bomb & an Iceman x Foreplay cow.
Her dam, a Foreplay cow is due to Cherry Bomb any day. I'm really looking forward to this calf because she really throws some nice ones!
I just had another heifer born 1/11 that is a full sib to the red heifer.
Red

Attachments

• Tami 4.jpg
    Tami 4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 390

Show Heifer

I look forward to all my calves but my highly anticipated ones would be:
Okie Dokie Hfr X Lut - Hoping for a Blue Roan
Netron 377 cow X Bando 0699
All of my TC Freedoms, and all my Kabooms (SH).
Its just like Christmas!!!!!!!!! Only I don't get to unwrap the presents, and I have to wait patiently!! :)

red

Show Heifer said:
I look forward to all my calves but my highly anticipated ones would be:
Okie Dokie Hfr X Lut - Hoping for a Blue Roan
Netron 377 cow X Bando 0699
All of my TC Freedoms, and all my Kabooms (SH).
Its just like Christmas!!!!!!!!! Only I don't get to unwrap the presents, and I have to wait patiently!! :)

you let joe boy & I know if you get your blue roan!
Red

Show Heifer

You guys will be the first to know if and when my blue roan pops out!!!! She is due mid march....and I already can hardly handle the anticipation!!!!!

Joe Boy

I love my Blue Roan and she has a great bull calf for a first time heifer.

I am expecting most of my calves this spring out of 2 of Polled Energizer and a great grandson:  Energizer 92J who won Houston in 2001.  Ali who everybody knows, and Nike who had the champion female at National Youth show at Wichita Falls and is son of Hotline and his dam is Ginger.  My purpose in these breeding's was to get good polled females.  I have had all sons out of Nike this year and all daughters from Energizer 92J.  I use Ali on my heifers for the spring.  Next fall on my heifers I used Berry Creek Hummer.  I used Hummer for more milk and great udders.  This June I plan to breed my heifers to Hummer and Elmo.

DL

Wanted to answer this question yesterday but was interrupted by a very Looooong 24 hours --- bitter cold, terrible winds (45 mph at times and swirlling) and 3 calves born --- all unasisit d (one membrane over face) but the little buggers get up and in no time their hair is frozen and they are cold - despite polar fleece! Feeling old, stiff, tired, and all that stuff (and the Sabres are playing cruddy hockey and not winning) - I am done whining  ;D ;D ;D (thanks for caring  :)

Because of the TH and PHA thing I pretty much repeated breedings that had worked in the past and involved older genteics. Based on pedigree I thought my cows were PHA clean (and they are - yeah!). So I used some Pistol Pete, Pollstar, Gold Medallion, Energizer, Topper, Impact, Rio ( a 5/8MA, 1/4AN. 1/9 Simmie calving ease bull), Artic Power, now I did add a Northern Improvement to a Payoff x Patent heifer - and that should be fun (first ever ANgus bull!)  BUT

I have a very moderate framed Pollstar heifer out of an Impact x Witch Doctor cow - homozygous black - bred to Sin City - that is my most anticipate mating - hoping for a blue roan heifer - but in any event I am pretty excited about that mating - sometimes ya gotta do something cause it looks like it might be fun!

When it happens there will be pictures! Good night DL (why is there no fatigues face??)

genes

Well it should be blue roan to Sin City :) 

I'm just wondering if calving has started at home yet...haven't talked to Dad in about a week.  He usually calls unless a whole bunch are born at once...no time then ;).  In spite of the work and cold, I really do miss calving a ton.  So if any of you have baby pics, I would love for you to share.

red

Had one of the anticipated calves born today. A red heifer out of Cherry Bomb & my Foreplay tank.
Ears might have gotten a little frost bitten but we went out & toweled her off better. Worked on those ears some too. Should have gotten the calf ear muffs earlier!
She was up & nursing right away. (cow)
Farm also had their first calf out of a heifer. Little black 1/2 Angus bull.

Red

Telos

Joe Boy said:
I love my Blue Roan and she has a great bull calf for a first time heifer.

I am expecting most of my calves this spring out of 2 of Polled Energizer and a great grandson:  Energizer 92J who won Houston in 2001.  Ali who everybody knows, and Nike who had the champion female at National Youth show at Wichita Falls and is son of Hotline and his dam is Ginger.  My purpose in these breeding's was to get good polled females.  I have had all sons out of Nike this year and all daughters from Energizer 92J.  I use Ali on my heifers for the spring.  Next fall on my heifers I used Berry Creek Hummer.  I used Hummer for more milk and great udders.  This June I plan to breed my heifers to Hummer and Elmo.

Joe Boy, I remember seeing 92j out at Glen and Judy's before he won Houston. Thought he was the right kind of bull.
Are you liking his calves? Hummer is an impressive bull too... Well designed and built to travel freely. Hope I get a chance to see some great Maines this spring in North Texas.  Wonder if I'll get an invite?

By the way, Joe Boy, this is my very first post on Steerplanet!

red

She sounds great showcattlegirl! glad the weather warmed up for you!

HI TELOS!!!!! (welcome)

Red

justme

I am anticipating a Hardcore crossed with my daughters witch dr. heifer.  Also, have a digger heifer due to our (now deceased dang it :'()Money Man herd bull.  I used Hard Core a lot this year.  I also have a Cunia Power Plant cow due to Western Union.  She's had 2 of them already so I hope history repeats itself!

On your ears red, I wise woman told me that when its bad like its been , they duct tape them back.  They have huge success saving the ears that way. (cow) (cow)

red

(cow) (clapping)
Showcattlegirl- she's a real looker! How much did she weigh?
Very nice picture.
Red